SLINGBOX

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dingo

Reaction score
I NEED to find someone with a slingbox that will let me borrow their feed tonight. Please help!

Sorry man, my parents FIOS router died today or I'd let you hop on it tonight. Something special you needed to see tonight only?

Last edited by a moderator:
The Colts game. I was at a live show and missing it, but I got the usher to turn one of the advertising TVs in the hallway to the game for me.

You might want to plan ahead a little next time. A lot of us have these devices, but the chances of you getting someone willing to give up their box at the last minute is slim to none, especially for a Monday Night Football game.

Some, like me, are also leery of giving out the information on our boxes. My box is sitting in Oklahoma City, and I live in Poland. The person letting me connect in the US knows nothing about my box, except the location. She cannot help me if anything gets messed up on my box. If it gets hijacked I can do nothing about it until I return to the US. That would suck, since my daughter and I share use of the box to watch programs from the US.

If you plan to use this type of service often, it might also be worth investing the $150 to get one of yuor own. They are easy to set up, and almost maintenance-free. Mine has sat since last December with no issues, and I have watched TV from all over the World with it. In fact, I am watching it now, and seeing the current news regarding the fires in San Diego.

I love mine. Like I said, I use it everywhere. You should see the looks from people when I am sitting in an airport somewhere in Europe watching US TV. Of course, they also stare at me as I am talking with my handset on Skype. Having a laptop with wireless is awesome. :wub:

Latest posts