Smelly Air conditioner - plugged drain line

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chris Taylor

Reaction score
As the warm weather is arriving, I'm noticing a moldy, musty smell from the vents. I'm fairly sure the drain from the air conditioner is plugged, and that water is building back up inside the coil area. I am not seeing the puddle of water outside of the ST from the air conditioning.

My question is how do you access this drain from the outside? I was thinking of trying to run a wire or piece of pipe cleaner up the line if I could find it. Hate to have to tear the whole dash apart to get to it...

Thanks

Thats how you do it..... Just go easy with the wire, A pipe cleaner works wounders...

Todd Z

Ok, I know it's under the passenger side footwell, but do you happen to know if there is actually a drain line that is easily accessable from there? Can't look tonight, as it storming bad in the area(just out from under a tornado warning, but just light rain right now...), but I want to get to it tomorrow if I can.

look under the pass side at the fire wall you will see it from under the truck..

Todd Z

Latest posts