So Chevy...

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dean Kolar

Reaction score
Did you see that they unveiled the new Chevy Colorado today...not a bad mid size truck, didn't see the engines but hopefully they won't be like the rangers or old colorados that were kinda small and cheap interiors.

The interior looks mighty cramped but the materials look to be upgraded from the previous generation (according to flattering professional photographs). If it isn't a complete turd like it's predecessor, I may consider one as a daily driver in the next couple years. I should be retiring the ST to toy status next year after our house is built.

Not a bad looking truck, inside or out. The legroom in the back looks cramped though. Looking forward to checking it out in person next week. That and the new MKC.

GM will initially offer the Colorado with two engine options: A standard 2.5-liter four-cylinder estimated at 193 horsepower and 184 lb.-ft. of torque and a 3.6-liter V6 estimated at 302 horsepower (224 kW) and 270 lb.-ft. of torque. For the 2016 model year, GM will also offer an all-new Duramax 2.8-liter turbodiesel ? ?greatly expanding the capabilities? of the pickup truck, according to GM.

?We?re really excited about being able to bring in the 2.8-liter Duramax diesel,? said Jeff Luke, GM Trucks executive engineer, during a recent media event previewing the vehicle.

All models are matched with a six-speed automatic that complements the truck-tuned engines with features that make hauling and trailering easier, including auto grade braking and a tow/haul mode.

When properly equipped, the Colorado is expected to offer class leading payload capacity and trailering capacity of more than 6,700 pounds.

No manual transmission?

6-bolt wheels/hubs.

If you squint, you can already see the rust line developting above the rear wheelwells like other Chevy pickups!

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh man, if only Ford would give us similar options in a Ranger (with 4 door options!). An EcoBoost 2.0 for the Orkin crowd, an EcoBoost 3.5 for the rest of us and a PowerStroke for those that need it.

Never been a GM person. Unless Ford moves on this. It is nice to know, I have options if needed. IMO my Gen1 '04 is still contempary to me.

I would have to look into the colorado and the taco 4x2 V6. The taco is most likely better built. There is one thing I dont like in either one, is. A truck those sizes, with auto trans. Should have column shift as the gen1 trac. It makes for a better long storage console.

Only pony and sports cars, should have auto trans floor shift. With steering wheel paddles. JMO

That is the only interior item on the gen2 trac, I didnt like. The floor shifter. A bucket seat truck needs console storage space.

After the 2012, much room for improvement.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts