So here is my Quote and part list for ball joint replacement. A LITTLE HIGH IN MY OPINION!

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Patrick Pierobon

Reaction score
ball joint both sides $320

stabilizer bar bushing center each $24 x 2

stabilizer bar control link both $56

upper ball joint 283.16 x 2

lower ball joints 66.22 x2

bushings 23.24

links 37.28 x2

4 whel trust rear whl drive alignment 74.95

total with canadian taxes 1,476.89

this can not be right! Seriously. if it is, is there a place i could go to buy the parts at a cheaper price.

Please help

patrick pierobon :)

How many ball joints are you getting? You list "both sides" for $320, then go on to list upper and lower separately x 2.

All that work is sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo easy..

Except the alignment.

It will probably take longer to get the wheels off and get your ST on jackstands than it will to replace the parts.

Chad

320$ for labour in replacing ball joints? wow. what a steal, literally.

All this work is very simple. You could buy all the tools and parts for cheaper than that.

I had my balljoints replaced with lifetime warranty ones a while back, ill see if I can find the bill.

For about 1/2 that price you could drive to the states and have some one here do it for you..

Todd Z

Do the work yourself and save big money! I never thought I was mechanical but I do my own brakes and the first time I couldn't believe how easy it was. Now I buy pads through my company and have them done in an hour. Ball joints are easy too.