So how often do you clean your IAC?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jeff C

Reaction score
I have to oil mine about once a month, and about every other week in the winter. I guess I could get a new one, but for now I'm okay just oiling. Was just wondering, cause it stalled a few times yesterday when going into park, cleaned and oiled it, no stalling and only the standard RPM drop when shifting to neutral or park now. Curious if I'm the only one who has to frequently oil the IAC.

I have never cleaned it and I'm just over 45K. I did just install a MAC intake system a few nights ago and this morning the truck was idling very high (around 1400 RPMs). It usually runs around 600 RPMs in park, so I may have to look into the infamous IAC. Otherwise, I may just have to check my hose connections and see what's up.

STCTC,

When you installed your MAC intake, did you disconnect your battery for about 20 minutes to dump the computer? If not, the high rpm's may be partly due to your computer re-learning and making adjustments for the new intake.

Only the time I did the Project, I would say replace it before you take the chance of something else happening from removing it constantly...

Todd Z

I cleaned mine about every other oil change, and then figured I'd replace for $h!ts and giggles, the replacement has not behaved badly at all.

TrainTrac,

I did not do that, but figured it into the possible solutions. The first two days afterward were fine, but I'll disconnect it and see if it helps. Thanks for the advice.

IAC, Where is that? :) I think I need a new one, since now with the flowmaster exhaust, and the mac intake I noticed after a few hours of racin around town that it wants to stall almost when I put her into park... this could be the reason for this?

Chris,

Yes it can

See the link below..

Todd Z

Latest posts