So I test drove the 2007 ST

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Frank Marano

Reaction score
The test drive has changed my mind. I have the dealer looking for a 2007 Sport Trac V6 limited with the OPTIONAL power rear window and 18 inch tires. Overall the ride is great. The truck is 7 inches longer and there is more room in the front and the rear for your legs. Pictures do not do it justice. Go to a dealer, drive it, feel it. I climbed all over this thing for 20 min.

So I'm guessing you liked it? :lol:

BTW, what other vehicles have you test driven in comparison and how would you feel the 07 ST stacks up to the competition?

Last edited by a moderator:
Almost wish my '04 was a little more worn out...I surely am not gonna trade her in with only 22k miles, but I know for sure I'll get another Trac when the time comes...maybe at about 200k miles. Hmmm...I wonder what the 2010 ST will look like...:lol:

I test drove a nissan Murano and Pathfinder. I like the Murano but I had to give the ST a chance. We will see what he comes back with and I will go from there.

I looked all over Ford's website yesterday and couldn't find the 07 ST. What gives? Folks are test driving them but Ford doesn't even have the truck on their own site.

Is odd to me that the Ford website does not have more information. My hope is they are finalizing late changes such as colors or options. My real hope is a different grill, but I'm not optimistic about that one. Their media kit has quite a bit of info, if you combine that with the build documents on another thread I think you get most of the details.

http://media.ford.com/products/model.cfm?vehicle_id=1330

I also drove a Murano. Really liked it. Unfortunately, it has neither a bed nor third row seats so it wouldn't offer as much utility for what I need.

I have the dealer looking for a 2007 Sport Trac V6 limited with the OPTIONAL power rear window

It will take them a few months to find one. They are not being built yet.

Tom

Well, Caymen you are correct. The dealer can't find on and he has no date on when he can get one. I have called numerous dealers in my area with no luck. After debating with myself for a few hours before i finally fell asleep lastnight, I asked him to locate me and talk numbers about a 2006 Explorer eddie bauer edition 4x4, dark pearl blue. We'll see what he can come up with....

Latest posts