So, I'm looking for some replacement parts...

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tommy VanNess

Reaction score
I am not sure who has had this first problem I am about to reference, but... I have a 2001 and I seem to have the driver side map light problem. I have seen posts on it before and it seems like some of the inside backing of the light melted causing it to malfunction. I assume I have the same problem, (mine has not worked in over 1 1/2 years) so I was wondering what the list of parts would be to fix this little problem. (kind of getting tired of using the passenger light and leaning over to read my books on break)

Second: I am looking for the console lid for a tan leather interior. I have the cracking right where I rest my elbow, so I need to fix that too. I did call Ford on this one and they quoted me a price of $105.00. I was kind of hoping to do better. Does anybody know if Rusty is still around. Thanks.

Tommy

If it it the high series console, I had the same problem on my '01. I found a person on ebay that recoverd the lid for about 15 bucks plus shipping I think it was. Quick turnaround as well. It was less than a week that I was without the lid in mine. They recovered it in leather vice the vinyl that was on there.

I remember reading a post about that as well. I don't really have the time right now as I am moving to Seattle Next week. I may wait until I get there and then send it out. Thanks.

Tommy