So sick of dealing with dealerships....

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Andy Szkutak

Reaction score
Ok, this morning, my mom, dad, and i went to our local ford dealer (West -Herr Ford in Buffalo, NY) My dad was taking his '94 Isuzu Rodeo for a trade in on a 2005 Ranger Edge. We were all set to settle the deal, and suddenly it comes back that we're only getting $500 for the trade-in. The Rodeo isnt in the best shape, but its quite nice the age with only 60,000 miles. Thats less than my '01 ST lol...Also, we had the KBB quotes in hand, which said that trade-in should be around $2500-3000...Needless to say, they tried telling us that their trade-in book said $1700, but then my dad asked why they didnt offer us that then, and they didnt have an answer. With that, my dad yanked his keys off the table and we left. Suprisingly, we put the Isuzu up for sale as soon as we got home, and one of the county workers patching our road is buying it for $2200! Tomorrow, were going to a different dealer a little farther away where we have had no problems and we are having that same ranger edge sent to that dealer.(Gowanda Ford Inc.) I know of many people who have had trouble with West-Herr Ford, primarily because they cliam to be NYS's largest ford dealerr, and to lose a few customers here and there doesnt do a thing to them...Just a heads up out there for everyone, i'm stayin away from the dreaded dealers as much as possible!

Thanks,

Andy

Andy,

Try Basil Ford, I have heard nothing but good things about them. I was going to get my trac from there but found one that I absoultely loved at Gambino and never made it out there. Good luck with your search...

Andy, the problem is obvious. The dealer could not pronounce your family name and simply didn't want to deal with the headache. Can you give us a phonetic on that name:lol:

I kind of figured they would start screwing folks on trades everywhere, the used car market is getting flooded (IMHO) with late model used cars from all the folks buying new vehicles with the family plan rates out there. We decided to keep DW's sable for a year and drive it instead of buying a new trailblazer:blink: right now. The sable getws 30mpg at 75 mph so I'm kind of glad we did with the gas prices the way they are.

Good decision on selling yourself, you made way more than you would have gotten from the dealer and that gives you a lot more negotiation when buying new---one less set of numbers for them to mess with.

Yeah, trade-ins aren't worth what they once were. Two months ago I was looking at a new F-150. The dealer offered me $4000 on my '95 F-150 (it was in awesome shape, but I was tired of it). When I went back last weekend to look at (and buy) a new ST they only offered me $3k for it... just two months later. Cruzrtwdgt is right, the used car market is flooded and used car prices have dropped along with new cars because of the family pricing going on. I was lucky enough to get $3500 out of them for the truck, and now I have a new ST. :D

Hi Andy. I bought my Trac from West-Herr in Amherst. Were you at the Hamburg dealer? I hod no problems dealing with West Herr at the Amherst location. I got a good deal on the Trac, and more than I was expecting for my trade. Basil Ford, on the other hand tried to play games with the financing.

Tell me about dealerships. Gone to a few myself in the last month looking for a new car. There were some that my hubby and I walked out because I got pissed about the amount for trade on our 2000 Ranger XLT. The book value trade in was $7,000 and one dealership was only going to give $4,000. But we got close to the $7,000 with pay off and have a 2005 Hyundai Elantra. No more dealerships for us for a long time! [Broken External Image]: Miss ya Ranger.:(

Last edited by a moderator:
When I went looking for a sport trac, I looked at dealerships other than Ford.

They nearly always don`t know what they are offering. I bought a 01 premium 4x4 only 43,000 miles, traded in a 97 F-250 light duty(looks like a F-150 only heavier suspension). It had 120,000 miles but was in pretty good shape, no rust. Sport trac was priced at $15,500. told dealer I was not financing over $10,000. All said and done I walked out financing $10,000. 01. Yep they got me for .01 cents. I think I got a good deal.:)

Latest posts