So who has the oldest ST on this site?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Build date for my Mandarin Gold ST is 02/00 and took delivery June 2000. I've got 59,400 miles on it.

My 01 Island Blue was built 02/00 just turned 121k..

Front end wore out...ABS and Airbag bulbs missing..tires were shot..hood out of adjustment..cruise control recall hadnt been done..

new build date was..02/09:D

Guess I need to add the sequence number...21275th one to roll off the line ..

I've only had it for 15 days now..

Most experiences of buying a Trac I read here are as lovely as fairy-tales..almost like attending a family reunion...mine differed somewhat..

I pulled up on the lot with "Smoke On The Water" cranked on the 8-track..first thing the salesman said was "Hey look this dude has snake skin boots and a pony tail"..

I think they knew at that point that they had me..

The first vehicle they showed me was a 1968 Buick..straight drive with a slipping clutch..rust colored..leopard skin seat covers with a new Christmas tree air freshner..

Then they broke out the Sport Trac...even today I consider that the best sales tactic I have ever seen..

I've done the new tires and the recall so far...re-adjusted the hood to make it appear that the hood is going the same direction as the truck...and tomorrow I am having the ABS and Air Bag issue resolved..

The front end was lossened and lubricated so it wouldnt squeek...I had them tighten things back up when they put the new tires on..now it squeeks right nicely...I hope to cure this with a new front end rebuild..uppers..lowers..and whatever else squeeks under there..

My wife said I could get a new F 150 if I want...but I still think I'll come out 10 dollars cheaper going this route..:(

Last edited by a moderator:
Mine was purchased on 08.26.00 with 47 miles on it. It's a 01' job 2. with about 90,300 miles or so.. On the site since 02.25.01. Almost 8 years of reading posts on this site.

I'm guessing by looking under my hood it was delivered to the dealership on 8.19 and then they marked when I picked it up on 8.26. After taking these pics i know i need to clean my engine bay, It is DIRTY...

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

Love my Deep Wedgewood Blue ST, but i was shopping for the Manderin Gold thought that color was HOT and still do when it is clean and waxed its BEAUTIFUL... (just couldn't find one in any dealership in florida with the options i wanted... ) but then again so is my DWWBlue it goes from blue to purple and at night people say i have a black truck, why ford discontinued these 2 colors i'll never figure it out...

rob

[Broken External Image]:

I have an 01 Job 1 with a build date of 4/00. It has about 100,xxx miles as I only drive it to haul toys and stuff so for the last 3 years I might have put about 5K on it.

Not the oldest, and not even the most miles I've seen, but more than most. My 2003 has 176,000 miles on it.

I remember someone on here passed 200k already.

Not the oldest but close. Build date 03/00. I bought it in June of 2000.

Here's a picture from last weekend. Mine is the one on the right.

4efb8aca147cb769e5d10016ef8eb705.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts