Sold the Trac

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gerald Pierce

Reaction score
Well, I went to the dark side and bought a new Toyota 4-runner, traded the trac in. My ac needed another jug of freon today and I just said said screw it -- time for a new truck. 0.9 pct financing and 3k off (used USAA buying service) plus 400.00 rebate for being military. Sad to see the trac go, but nice to have a new truck.

Will still check in from time to time to see whats going on.

1st time in 20 years that I have not driven a ford daily. Still have the Focus, but the lil girl drives it.

My brand new Xcal 3 is on swap n sell.

oh gosh, not a toyota :lol:

looks like you chose a smarter way of moving foward :D

my new 4-runner is on order. should be here in january.

what model did you get ?

best of luck

show us some pics.

i will e-mail you tomorrow, i have some toyota promo items for you

another of us old guys looses his truck:( . pretty soon they'll be no one to waltze matilde with me.

congrats on the new truck. I have to put a new jug of AC in my 01. maybe its time for me to.............

Thanks all. I got an SR5 with the V6, basically the lowest trim level but the only thing missing from what the ST had is power seats and leather. It has the electronic LS differential, not sure if it will work as good as my 4.10LS did in the ST. My first tank of gas got me 22.8 mpg w/mixed driving, best I got on same route is 18 in the ST. I can't wait to get on a trip in it. It rides much better than the ST ever has, but I still miss my baby. I love the automatic climate control. 27k with 0.9 financing through TOY, my credit union was 5.25pct. I put the cash into a CD at 5.15pct so the interest will pay my note and then some. :)

having the toyota XM rcvr installed, was supposed to happen today, but my headunit is not XM ready. DUH. I knew that, but then they tried to get me to let them install one of the little aftermarket units instead --- I said he11 no, you best be getting off your a$$ and order the right headunit. Deal is a deal, you agreed to install it, you install it the way it should be, especially for 400.00 (I paid this since I figured it included the new head unit --sucks to be them).

Here is a photo, still needed to be cleaned by the dealership (happened today)[Broken External Image]:

Last edited by a moderator:
Very Nice. :wub:

I've looked at the 4Runner myself. I just enjoy so much having the pickup bed in back.

I'm curious..and you might know:

How does the Toyota Tacoma ride in comparison to the 4Runner?

I've driven a 4Runner and it was pretty sweet...but never tried out the Tacoma.

I like the idea of a Tacoma better because of the bed, but the Trac has a roomier back seat.

nice, best of luck !

i have an 09 sport v-8 with every option on order. i am getting trd leather installed at the dealer upon deliv.

what colour is yours ? in the pic it looks like shadow mica, the same colour i ordered

Gary S.: Black!!! I swore I would never have another black vehicle after having a black 79 Bronco and black 85 subie, but they just look so good. Hard to keep clean. How much was the TRD leather to be installed?

Jerry G.: As for the ride in the tacoma, nothing like the 4runner. I think it has to do with less weight in the rear. The 4runner rides like a dream compared to my ST.

The mods have already begun -- installed a 2 socket power point to be able to charge my personal cell and my govt Crackberry; ordered the ventshades and bug shield, and already looking for wheels :)

cruz,

1,900.oo for the leather heated seats with the trd logo stiched into the top of the seat.

i also am getting the front skid plate, door sill enhancements, sirius radio installed at deliv.

i couldn't get them port installed because it is a fleet order.

i was going to get the limited, but i like the look of the sport better.

i will e-mail you, i have something to welcome you on a great choice and for a smarter way of moving foward. :D

best of luck