SOLD

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
With the Zabteck CAI, you would not use the adapter plate provided because this will eliminate the use of the OEM MAF housing (that's all the adapter plate is for anyway). You would couple this continually with a coupler on each side connecting the Zabteck pipe with a coupler (instead of the adapter plate) to one end of the housing and then put a coupler on the other end and connect to the pipe running to the throttle body.

Look at this picture of Todd's setup, the MAF housing seen is exactly how this will serve.

[Broken External Image]:

The filter for your intake if it is inside the engine compartment will match up to this with a coupler instead of the adapter shown. Look at this picture:

[Broken External Image]:

Last edited by a moderator:
OK, sounds like it will work. I haven't gotten the CAI yet, but I got a throttle body, and have been thinking may as well do the the CAI at the same time, so may as well do the MAF as well.

Where do I get the couplers? Sorry for the elementary questions.

Let me know how you want to handle payment, I'd prefer Paypal if you use it, if not, let me know

Paul

PayPal sounds good. As far as the couplers, I do happen to have a couple from my intake kit I did. They are 3" straight through. If the tubing for the intake is all 3", then you will only need 3" couplers. If not, you will need reducer couplers. You could them from AutoPart stores, granted they have the size you need. These couplers are not cheap anywhere. The ones at Advance Auto, etc are decent, but not very good quality in my opinion. These I have are better quality. I can let you have two of them (3", black with the clamps(4 total)) for $15 on top of it all.

If so, go ahead and send $47 via PayPal for the housing and two couplers with clamps.

"They are 3" straight through. If the tubing for the intake is all 3", then you will only need 3" couplers. If not, you will need reducer couplers"

I haven't taken anything apart yet. I just pinged Todd for advice on the CAI from him. I'll definitely take the MAF,and I'll take the couplers if they're the right size. I'd rather pay once for everything, after I get the answer on the pipe sizes. Can you bear with me till I get that info?

Sure thing. The piping should be 2.75" or 3". This will still work. If 3" is the case, 3" couplers will be needed at which I have. If 2.75" is the case, then a two reducer couplers of 2.75-3" will be needed.

Todd - I emailed you but...for everyone';s benefit, using your CAI, and the 3" MAF housing above, do I want 3"-3" couplers, or what? Using stock tube from MAF to throttle body (that I got from you). When I measure that, I don't see 3" anywhere, ID or OD. Can you advise?

Latest posts