Some Audio help please!

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey guys- I just bought a 2001 Sport Trac and I have absolutly fallen in love with this truck! My current project is making a sub work in our trucks. This weekend I took out the factory sub and fabricated a new KICKER 8" in sub into the box. I am powering it with a 200W amp and I am not getting any good bass out of it... I thought that it might have been because the 8" sub...however I put in my 10" JL audio from another car and I am getting the same sound quality...

The amp is getting its signal from a high/low converter coming out of the LR door.

Also- are there any connections on the back of the Pioneer head unit? REM? RCA?

My question is...what could be cause the poor quality of bass?

Is it the head unit itself?

Bad ground for the amp?

Any other ideas?!

Thanks so much! Please feel free to email me at [email protected] with any ideas...:D

What kind of amp?

I have a 10 CVT w/ the SX series amp and sounds awesome,

I was going to say if you happen to have a dsp series amp the komp may not be turned on, this happened to me when I did my install,

also you may need to ground the converter,pending amp style.

Try taking a positive from the LR and a negative from the RR. I had this issue on a VW I hooked up a few months ago of which it changed the quality and balance tremendously.

Latest posts