some idiot damaged the corner of my bed

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marc Mulhern

Reaction score
Well, someone/thing was nice enough to take a chip out of the bed of my ST and not stick around. I am trying to find out how I can get the bed fixed but I am not positive how it can be done. I would like to avoid using bondo but not sure how the truck can be fixed.

I will try to take a picture later and post it (at work now and wife drives my ST). It's about the size of a nickel and some material is missing. Does any one know how this can be fixed? Can I just sand it and paint over it or does it need a fiberglass patch?

Thanks for your help,

Marc

Fiberglass filler will work perfectly...

Todd Z

thanks guys...is that something an inexperienced person could (should) try or just pay someone and have it done correctly?

thanks again,

Marc

IMO and it's what I did, I just had someone who knows what they they are doing around fiberglass and paint do it. I'm fairly experiance with fixing and repairing things but I don't trust myself to properly prepare the damaged area. You have mix properly the fiberglass, apply and blend it in correctly then prepare the surrounding area and the repaired fiberglass area for paint. You have to apply proper primer, paint and clear coat amounts to the area to be able to blend it in so that it doesn't even appear there was damage to the area. So IMO take it to a body shop.

Last edited by a moderator: