Someone Really Must Love Their SUV

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nelson Atwell

Reaction score
This is crazy!

COLUMBUS, Ohio (AP) -- A 14-year-old boy who was throwing eggs at cars along with two other teenagers was shot and killed by someone who had been in a sport utility vehicle that was hit, police said.

Danny Crawford was killed by a gunshot wound to his upper body, Franklin County Coroner Brad Lewis said. He died in an alley on the city's west side early Saturday, authorities said.

The teens were throwing eggs at cars when an SUV that was struck chased them, Detective Tim Huston said. The vehicle stopped and several gunshots were fired, he said.

Police were looking for the shooter, who fled in the SUV, Sgt. Dana Norman said. The SUV believed to be involved was found a short time later near where Crawford died.

The other teens were not hurt, police said.

CNN International

Good, they won't do that again. Punks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Obviously you were a perfect teenager Olaf that never did anything wrong.

From what I read in Olaf's post was that he had enough respect for himself, his parents, and others not to do crap like that.

Tom

From what I read in Olaf's post was that he had enough respect for himself, his parents, and others not to do crap like that.

You read all of that in Olaf's post? I must be missing something. All I got out of it was condoning the shooting of the teenagers.

Come on. Shot and killed for throwing an egg? I wouldn't have blamed the driver for getting out and beating the crap out of them but shooting them was a COWARDLY thing to do. Hope they catch the coward. He's not the kind of guy that needs to be running around with a gun.

I had that happened a couple year ago (when i was 19) but it was punk kids shooting fireworks at cars. Luckily for me i had my paintball gun in the back of my truck so we circled the block and paintballed them... which i think was fair, as for taking the life of a 14 year old over an egg... Not

ps. Thank god i live in Canada

This reminds me of the thread a while back about protecting your home. Many at that time seemed to have a "shoot first, ask questions later" attitude. No one deserves to die over a prank, or even get a beating for that matter.

Somewhere along the way in our society people blurred the lines between "justice", "punishment" and "vengence." Many today think they all mean about the same thing. They do not.

The military follows an international law called "The Law of Armed Conflict". One of the concepts within that law is "proportionality". That means if you attack me, I can only inflict an attack of similar proportions.

I believe shooting a kid for throwing an egg is disproportionate. Now if he threw a Molotov cocktail or hand grenade, that might be justified.

I read in my local newspaper this morning that last night, some kid was standing at an intersection throwing full water bottles at vehicles. He broke a windshield out of some truck and the glass cut the driver badly. But, the driver turned around to see if he could find the culprit...then the kid throwing the bottles appeared and shot the driver of the pickup truck. He is expected to live but not doing well due to all of the glass cuts, gunshot wound, etc.

TomT - I never damaged someone else's property when I was a teenager. I am getting sick of all these young punks doing stupid things that can cause accidents, here in Alberta they have been dropping rocks from overpasses/pedestrian bridges over the last few years. A bus driver was killed in Edmonton when a rock came through his windshield and hit him in the chest. Hopefully this one case of someone getting shot because they threw eggs will cause others to think twice before acting like idiots.

(edited for spelling)

Dropping rocks from overpasses has been done done here in Houston also. That's a lot more dangerous then egg throwing. That could be construed as a criminal offense, but egg throwing is just not the same. Although I don't condone what these kids did, shooting a 14 year old kid is still cowardly. It's something I'm not surprised about here in the US but I'm very surprised a Canadian would approve of such a thing.

"What if" the kid was a Taliban throwing bombs shaped like eggs? Give me a break.

We can "what if" this to death but since the driver was NOT injured and was able to easily hunt the kid down and shoot him then I believe we can assume he was not injured. Let's stick to the facts given.

Someone mentioned getting out of the vehicle to beat the egg thrower. What if the egg tosser had a gun? Very likely in this day.

Shoot first...

The difference is that I would not have ever dreamed of doing that, or anything else, to someones personal property. I know how hard my father worked to provide his family with a good life. Nobody deserves to have a prank pulled on them that could damage property.

I would agree that shooting them was wrong, but it is the kids fault for putting himself in that situation in the first place.

Tom

Latest posts