SORRY FOR ALL THESE POSTS (wheel spacers)...

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Graham Ritter

Reaction score
i am thinking about buying some wheel spacers, all 4, probly 1.5 inch...anyone with spacers that have pictures of them on their library post here so i can get an idea of what they would be looking like...

Graham,

Check out my library, you will see the difference with spacers and without. they are 1.25" spacers on all 4 wheels, but I recently went to 1.5" on the rear and stayed with 1.25" on the front.

st

Shaun t's set up is what I would recommend. I have 1.25 all around.[Broken External Image]:

Last edited by a moderator:
Remember, any spacer less than 2". You will have to cut the factory studs shorter. Other wise the wheel will rest on the studs and not the mounting flat.

If you have the stock rims, you will be fine with the 1.25" spacers. The rims have spots for the original lugs that stick out to go into. The problems lie when you go with aftermarket rims.;)

This is a 1 1/4" spacer...As mentioned above it will work with the stock wheels because of the indentations on the wheel. I have aftermarket wheels, so I cut the unthreaded portion of the stock stud off. 1 1/5" spacers will work with all wheels...

[Broken External Image]:

Are most of you using plain spacers or hub-centric spacers? I haven't had a wheel off of mine but once since I got it but aren't they hub piloted? My P71 and my F150 were.

Example: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/WHEEL-SPACERS-ADAPTERS-Ford-Mustang-GT-Hub-Centric-1-25_W0QQitemZ110353551452QQihZ001QQcategoryZ42614QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Steve, hubcentric is the best and safest...cost more..

I know, the Crown Vic guys ran into a lot of vibration problems with the non-hubcentric spacers. Considering the number of folks here that run spacers I haven't seen any complaints after installing them. Just wondering........

Just FYI, these in the link would be the preferred type and they're not much more $$$$.

EXPLORER & SPORT TRAC 90-UP 15"-18" 5x114.3 1/2x20 70.6mm center bore

8066577de9874c3774e476a0bdbdac1b.jpg

Latest posts