sp,e help with my trac

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

James Kerr

Reaction score
Hello all,

A couple of monthes ago my truck (02 4x4) started making a sound when in motion that sorte of sounded like ?a brake wear indicator and slowly but surely over the weaks the noice has got a little louder and more frequent. This weekend I drove 500 miles and the noise has got much louder and I hear and feel grinding of some kind especially when I turn left. Turning left has made me really worried to the point that I don't even want to drive the truck. I'm going to lift the truck up in a little bit and spin the wheel and see if I can tell whats going on. Anyone have any ideas on what might be the culprit

Ok I lifted the truck and there was a lot of play hold the wheel top and bottom. I dont know how I made it back home without that bearing locking up. I wasn't happy to find out I have to buy the whole hub assembly though but I had a friend take me to go get one ($150). I will install tomorrow and do the other one soon as I can.

Yep,,, Hub and bearing are a package deal.

Just be happy you found it before it became a serious and unsafe issue...

Latest posts