spare keys for my Sport Trac

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill Liebbe

Reaction score
I was reading the FAQ and saw where 2 keys are neede to program a 3rd. I have 2 so I would like to make a 3rd for "just in case"

Where is the least expensive place to get one? Surely not a the dreaded dealer?

Thanks

Bill

Rusty, at Spartan Lincoln Mercury, a site sponsor.

Last edited by a moderator:
I bought mine off ebay, The local ace hard wear cut it for free, and I programed it in the parking lot...

There is a member here that is a lock smith, you may want to try to contact him...

Todd Z

I bought a key from fordpartsfast.com. Rusty can have the key pre-cut using your VIN number at no additional charge but I'd skip this option. After two cut keyes failed on the door lock Rusty sent me a blank which Home Depot cut for free and it worked perfectly.

You do need two keys to program a third. Do it, because if you lose one like my dad did when I had my Ranger and you're down to one key it costs about $95 at the dealer to buy a key and hook up the computer to program it.

i actualy did loose my key and only have one......:angry: what would be the better way to go? just go to the dealership? that also included the transmitter:huh::wacko:

I only had one key when I bought mine.

Cost me $180 bucks to get 2 additional keys, 1 additional transmitter and retrieve my original keyless entry code. (He also killed any existing keys that I didn't have).

I won't make that mistake again if I buy another used one. I bought it from a dealer, but I already signed the agreement before i realized there was only one key. you would think the dealer would have helped (was not a Ford dealer), but he must not have been concerned about my future business.

Oh Well; Lesson learned:wacko:

Latest posts