Spark Plug Wires

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TGUIRA

Reaction score
Hello everyone!

This weekend I'm going to purchase my spark plug wires for my 2003 Trac. I am trying to decide if I should purchase the original ones from Ford, or should I purchase ones from the local auto parts store. I had a 2000 Mazda 626 and when I purchased aftermarket wires, the car began to stall. I took it to an ex-mazda mechanic and he told me that Mazda's and some Fords are very delicate when it comes to it's wires. I went to Mazda and purchased the wires, and the car never gave me any problems. So, should I try the aftermarket wires ones again? Your feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

The motorcraft ones arent any more expensive than aftermarket wires i say just go with the OEM ones...less chance of a f up.

Last edited by a moderator:
ions, may want to edit that.

And people I talk to who have a clue what they're doing like the JBA wires EE sells.

I have bought various brands of high quality silcone jacket/spiral core wires....never had any problems....dont buy the bottom line of any wires...They may work for awhile, but modern high energy systems will weaken the core quikly..

Personally, I would get Taylor wires. I got mine at Summit Racing.

They are a really high quality wire for a really good price.

For plugs, I only recomend Motorcraft, but for wires, it is Taylor all the way.

Tom