Spark Plugs

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I need some help here. I have a 2004 Sport Trac with the 4.0 Flex fuel. Can someone tell me how I get to the passenger side sparkplug closest to the firewall? I got all 5 others changed out, with a little dissassembly, but just cant figure out what I need to do to get the last one! It's driving me nuts! Thanks.

Take the tire off and go through the wheel well....

IF not i found from under the truck was the best...

Even better, take off the inner fender trim.... 4 screws and a couple of bolts..

Todd Z

or just turn the front wheels to where you may have better access. you may have to make a short extension on the spark plug socket to be able to get the old out/new in. I used a short socket taped to the plug socket so i could use my fingers to remove the old and start the new.

I went for the full Todd Z recommendation and had no problems, aside from trying to jack the ST up in really sandy soil. Definitely the way to go--I still have ST scars, no need to get anymore on the infernal spark plugs. If I can get the ST up and the tires/guards off, you definitely can.

Though the advice about having a rubber lined plug socket as well as a non rubbered one for installation is something I wish I'd gotten before hand, as my rubber socket did not want to let go, I had to make due with my old non-rubbered lawnmower socket, just throwing that out there.