spark plugs

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vik singh

Reaction score
Hi, i wana change my spark plugs.. whats the easest way to get to them..? Also what are good spark plugs to put in the st..right now i have bosh +4 and i put about 70km on them..I am required to change them now?

Many people will warn against the bosch's but since you did ok with them, then maybe youre ok...personally, im running motorcraft double platinums, and i have the jba powercables-great combination now that its all in right lol

Good luck

Andy

I recomend nothing but the OE plugs. I have fixed a few situations where Bosh plugs made the vehicle run worse then bad plugs do.

Tom

Many people will warn against the bosch's but since you did ok with them,

Well, he says he did 70 kilometres on them. I don't think that's so good! About 44 miles.

Curious as to why folks change plugs so much - is it just a need to do something?

grump

grump, I think at least part of the reason depends on how long you're going to keep the vehicle. The first scheduled tune-up in our trac is @ 100k miles, and if you aren't planning on keeping your trac beyond that, that's fine. However, if you're keeping it, 50-60k miles is a bit more realistic, if for no other reason, to prevent galling. Even if you don't swap the plugs backing them off and adding a bit of anti-seize would be a good idea. The plugs aren't going to be happy to come out if you wait the full 100k and despite pulling the wheel on the passenger side, one or two of the plugs is still fairly difficult to break loose.