spark plugs

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
i have a 2001 st 4x4 with 111000 miles on it.i installed bosch platium 5 plugs and new wires.boy did my fuel mileage drop. i can not do better than 15 mpg on the hwy.oh yes i have heard todd z say many times stick with autolite plugs.apparently this is true.any suggestions?thanks edj.:angry:

Stick with Motorcraft plugs. That is the OEM plug and I will not put anything but Motorcraft plugs in my vehicles, if they are Fords.

Getting burnt by gimmick plugs sucks...doesn't it?

Tom

What a bummer, that tune-up is a real mofo too. I went with the stock platinums, that and a set of JBA Powercables. She runs like a dream.

The only two times I ever used Bosch Platinums, the cars started running like crap after 5,000 miles. I will never use them again in anything....just my experience. This was two different GM vehicles. I put AC/Delco plugs in and no problems. I think I'll stick with Motorcraft when my '07 needs them.

Good luck, Gary
:)

When I pulled the plugs out of mine I went back with the E-3 spark plugs,I have been very happy with them. I can run my idle down to 580 to 620 and never stumble._Ron

Latest posts