Speaking of Transmission Problems....

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gavin Allan

Reaction score
Well, the coldest day of the season is here and my transmission is acting up again. ('03 Adrenaline with 35,000 miles).

I got in my truck after work and started it up, put it in "D", and nothing but slippage. Gave it a little gas and it just sat there. Put back to Park and back to "D", and tried again. Engine revved as before, but no movement. All of a sudden transmission went into gear with a hard "BANG" and truck started moving.

This is the third or forth time this problem has happened. The last time the dealer looked at it, they "could not duplicate" and everything was fine, even when I left it overnight.

I even had the transmission flushed and filter changed last month as preventative maintenance.

The problem happens when the weather was colder. Today it was 41 when I got in my truck.

You know, the reliability and resale value of the Ridgeline is looking better all the time...

Gavin,

The transmission not going into gear and then finally locking up with a jolt is the same symptoms that prompted the recall to put the additive to the fluid althought that was the 2004 models?

If it's still under warranty I would get Ford to fix it. If not, you might want to have them try putting in the additive and see what happens. It will be harder to sell if the tranny is acting up.

...Rich

Before I reworked my tranny, I would let the truck warm up for at least 3-5 min, then it would go right into gear... Also go into reverse first... Reverse "pressures up" the tranny and may un stick the sticky valve..

Todd Z