speakres

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Anthony Starcev

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I'm getting the Pioneer AVIC-D3 for my 07 Sport Trac. I also have 2 10" Kicker subs and an amp. Do you think if i get new speakers will the AVIC-D3 be enough to power them to make it sound good and be heard with the 2 subs?

Thanks

Anthony

Virtually all aftermarket head units do not provide enough power to give aftermarket speakers a good sound. And if you like your music loud, the Pioneer will definitely not give enough power. If you like your music at regular volumes (nothing too loud) however, then the Pioneer will be fine. Since I have listened to aftermarket speakers both with and without an amp powering them with an Alpine head unit, I would get an amp for the speakers if I were you. But that's just my opinion.

I thought I could get by with just changing the speakers, but I am glad I went through the trouble of adding an amp.

avic411.com is a good site for info on that pioneer unit, I my buy one myself in about a week if my replacement alpine gps still has a software bug.

good luck with it.

Latest posts