Special Edition, also high miles question

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Robert Bubala

Reaction score
In 2001, did Ford have a No Boundaries edition of the Sport Trac?

There is one for sale that I have not seen in person yet.

Also, I am considering buying a Sport Trac with a lot of miles. Is there any consistent problems with higher mileage Sport Tracs? Are there any people on this list with over 90k?

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

ROB

Not that I'm aware of... maybe the seller got his 'no boundaries' folding chairs to throw in on the deal?

We have one member ( tom in louisiana) w/ over 180,000 on his ST. ( check out the link)

But alas I only have 26,000 on my '01.

I've never hear of a No Boundaries edition of the Sport Trac but that does not mean there is not one.

I have a set of those chairs !!

Last edited by a moderator:
There WAS a No Boundaries Edition Sport Trac. I have never seen one for sale, in person, etc. However, when I was checking out seating options a few years back for my Explorer, I came across the Sport Trac and the No Boundaries edition. It should have the NB logo on the tailgate, headrests, and possibly dash. I believe, but am not sure, that the package also included a roof basket, much like the 2003 and 2004 Ford Explorer XLT No Boundaries Edition (an extention of the Sport package I believe) did.

If you check it out, please, please take photographs. These are like the 2002 Pioneer Edition Tracs - they're out there, but not often seen. I believe only one member here has a Pioneer Edition.

Mike Poole has made a no boundaries edition.

[Broken External Image]:

If I remember correctly the only differences were wood panelling on the interior dash (stick-on), leather seats with "No Boundaries" and a sticker on the windshield.

No performance mods. Perhaps I overlooked something but that's all I remeber.

Well, Yes, and No.

There was NEVER a FACTORY No Boundries edition. But there WAS a DEALER No Boundries edition. The NB thing carried over to the Explorer Sport as well. It wasn't a package from the factory, like the Pioneer Edition, but rather parts added after the vehicle was delivered to the dealer. Usually the kit contained new seat covers, floor mats, badges, and maybe something special done to the stock wheels.

The parts added were dealer accessories...you could order all the NB parts yourself and install them, or have the dealer install them for you.

The NB Edition isn't "official" because it didn't come from the factory like that, and as a result, there is really no way to know just how many are out there...but the number is low, and the NB stuff isn't avaible from Ford anymore (we know there were only 3000 Pioneer Editions, and only 3000 '03 Adrenalins). When this site first started, in the Aftermarket section, all the NB stuff was listed...but the listings have since gone the wayside like that parts themselves.

--EDIT--

Bob Kunkle has some <a href="http://bobkunkle.tzo.com:1024/noboundaries.html" target="top">pics</a> of a 'NBE' on his site.

I have an 01, job 1 with 107,000 miles. Just got it and love it so far, if I can ever figure out what's tripping the cel. Runs great and looks great!:D

Carfax says its clean. But the annual mileage is high, 21,363. The mileage as of 6/09/05 was 97,000 from the original owner in Carol Stream, IL.

Well with it only being a 1 owner car, that is usually worth a little bit extra.

I was hoping to find one for less with that many miles, but prices at least in Chicagoland are not going to help that out.

I am considering trading in my 98 Astro AWD with 122k on it. Not quite sure yet.

ROB

Latest posts