Sport Trac Fantasy NASCAR 2008

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You pick a team of drives..

you get points for where they place..

the one with the most points wins..

Yahoo has restrictions..

you can only race a driver so many times before you have to change to another driver.

Good luck.

Hope this helps

Like Sal said.

There are (3) "divisions": A - B - C

You pick (2) drivers in Div. A

You pick (4) drivers in Div. B

You pick (2) drivers in Div. C

Of those you picked, you can actually only race 1/2 of them.... (1) A, (2) B, (1) C.

However, you do get 'some' points for the drivers that are not being "raced".

The points work like this:

Qualifying:

10 points for Pole

5 Points for Outside Pole

3 Points for Third Qualifying position

1 Point for Fourth Qualifying Position

Racing:

10 Points for Leading any lap (only get this (1) time per driver per race)

10 Points for leading Most Laps

90 Points for the Win

88 for Second

86 For third

2 point drop for every position, so 43rd place gets 6 points

You can race any driver upto 9 races, after that they will not score any racing points but can still get qualifying points... so you may not want to race Jr. or J Gordo the first 9 races as then they will be used up. But that's up to you.

The lockout date for selecting your roster is typically 2am Pacific Time on the night before qualifying. The lockout for choosing your "racing" drivers is 5 minutes prior to the posted race start time.

If you don't select a roster prior to the deadline, your drivers from the previous week will be used. If you don't change your racers, they will be used. If you don't check the boxes next to a driver, they will not race, therefore no points.

Yahoo has all the rules posted in the Fantasy Racing area. IF you have specific questions, please feel free to ask them here. Some of us have been doing the Yahoo Fantasy Racing for several years and pretty much know the quirks of the system.

So people (like me) do a metric $&it-ton of research on which drivers to pick each week. Other people just wing it and whoever they have a feeling for is who they select. There is no "right" answer to how you pick as the track records for this website is pretty broad... I don't know if anyone has repeated as league winner. I won one year, and have two 3rd place trophies.

Dang you beat me to it! I will join and take a rest as commisioner this year :) I will be setting up the Napa Valley Racing leauge again this year too. I will post the info when ready. :)

gentelmen start your engines!

If anyone is interested in joining the Napa Valley Racing leauge also.... here is the info :)

Group # 8909

Group Name Napa Valley Racing

Group Password merlot2008

Team Name Napa Valley Racing

If anyone is interested in joining the Napa Valley Racing leauge also.... here is the info

Group # 8909

Group Name Napa Valley Racing

Group Password merlot2008

Team Name Napa Valley Racing

I'm game... that makes up my (3) leagues... I run another league with some people I work with.

Will definitely be back this year. As they say "second place is the first loser"

So, this year, first place or nothing for me and the "24":D

Chris

Latest posts