SPort Trac gas mileage

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That southern gas gives better mpg than what we have farther north. Had same experience. Gas bought in Kentucky and Tennessee always did better than gas bought in St. Louis or Chicago.

Mine gets 19.5 quite regularly now (2003 6), recently I changed the fuel filter and switched to synthetic oil (25,000 miles) I saw an immediate uptake in milage from about 17 to the 19 - 20 range. I drive about 35 miles each way in Northern VA/ Wash DC traffic so I cant really complain. Maybe the synthetic made her slicker :rolleyes:

I have gotten as low a 14.5 - mostly stop and go with crappy winter grade MTBE fuel. Recently, driving with much less of a lead foot and 5 speed manual transmission, I've been getting right around 20MPG. I'm stunned it has gone up so much. Still mostly city driving - perhaps 30% highway.

I guess I see no point in opening a thread on gas mileage when there is a chart any member can look up on this site and see anyone's mileage reports and even generate reports based on vehicle options.

Anyone wanna discuss what kind of oil I should put in my vehicle? :unsure:

Darin,

Some members here say that the MPG log is not accurate and there is no way to really figure out your MPG.

Tom

I figure my MPG regularly - both when I owned the ST (15.5 mpg city, 17.8 mixed and 19.2 highway) and with my new vehicle.

A single tank isn't totally accurate, but averaging over multiple tankfuls is accurate.

Rocco,

If it isn't down to the teaspoon full, it isn't worth considering and should not even be looked at.

Tom

Over the past 840 miles with the supercharged trac, I have gotten 20.2 miles per gallon. That is absolutely running the crap out of it regularly. However, that also includes several trips to St. Louis, which is about 170 miles round-trip, so that's mostly highway-driving. I am about 99.9% sure that my highway mileage has increased dramatically since I put the supercharger on. I no longer have to down-shift (or rather the transmission no longer has to) to climb a large hill at 70+ mph. I flew up a 9% grade today at 81 miles per hour and never dropped a single mph or shifted down. The fact that I don't have to run the high RPMs means I'm saving gas. Torque is my new best friend. ;)

12 mpg around town here in south mississippi. Mostly stop and go traffic. Don't really have too much of a lead foot either. I did the "babying the gas pedal thing" for a couple of weeks. It helped, but still didn't gain me but around 2 mpg. I MIGHT get 250 miles out of a tank around town....

Hoy many of you have noticed changes due to diffrent tires? by tires I mean brand or style NOT SIZE as we know this will affect milege.

stock running 87 octane over the road to and from AZ /TX I averaged 25 mpg. Yep that's right..it's true Had gone 90 miles and was barely at 1/8th of a tank of gas used.

My 04 ST in Black rocks! :)

When I first got the truck I was averaging 13-14. I've since managed to push it up to 15-16 with 1 time getting over 17. I need to figure out what you guys who are gettiing in the 20s are doing! :huh: