Sport Trac question

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Adam Main

Reaction score
I'm looking for designs for where to put 2 10" subs. The mounting depth of each is 5 1/4". I was told by Hifi-Buys it could be done.

Does anyone have a setup I could get some pics from?

Also I would like to know what the mechanism behind the storage compartment behind the rear passenger seat.

Welcome to the site, Adam.

Don't know about subs, but I think the mechanism is the rear window motor assembly.

Welcome Adam. If you do a search, I know there are a few who have theirs mounted behind the rear seats. They took out the plastic and built a box for back there.;)

It can be done, but its very difficult to get the mounting depth under the rear seat. One member has 2 12's under his seat but i think it was a very complicated box with very shallow mount subwoofers. You could lift the back seat a little to give yourself some extra depth but even then its going to be tough. Your best bet is to try and mount them behind the seat or just go with one 10" woofer under the 60% portion of the backseat. One good 10" woofer is plenty for the sporttrac's small cab.

Actually, if you wanted a really trick setup, you could get someone that knows what they're doing with fiberglass, and have them make you a fiberglass enclosure that "fits" behind the rear seat. I saw it one time in a trac (but didn't have a camera). It looked amazing. The box was perfectly contoured to the back of the trac and allowed for full usage of the rear seat (folding down, sitting, etc). So it's possible to do it. I don't know if the guy lost rear window functionality or not though.

I installed 2 10" Fosgate P1's underneath my rearseat on Monday (During hurricane Wilma) in roughly 6 hours. That included the time it took to get the wood and plan the install. I havent carpeted the box yet, I was too lazy, but it is not hard at all.... The box I built was basically (witha few other angles here and there) 43 x 6 x 11 but the end plates were an inch and a half taller (to match the center hump). and both woofers are down firing. I used half inch MDF to save on air space and ended up getting 1.21 cubic feet of airspace before the woofers.

All you have to do is remove the rear seat legs and let seat rest on the box. And as long as you notch out the box just a little bit the seat sits just like it did stock.

Another sub behind the driver's rear side. Seats fully functional. Amp is now blown, and I'm deciding on another. Cap has been removed from the vehicle, as I don't really need it. Blueprints for the sub box can be found in my library.

[Broken External Image]:

Last edited by a moderator: