Sport Trac Questions

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Eddie Jackson

Reaction score
What’s up guys, im lookin @ the 04-05 ST and was wondering about suspension lifts. I know that body lifts are common, but what about suspension?

Also, they seem to be as expensive as an F150 (when used). Is there any reason they are as expensive as an F150? I can find them both for about the $16k-$18k range.

One final question, how are they for activity? I go camping, off roading and a lot of other out-door activities fairly often. So it's not uncommon for me to sleep in my truck.

I’m lookin for something that has more room (the back seat) and is smaller than my F150 for economical reasons.

Thanx for any help you guys can give.

I will also check out the sport track site mentioned in another post.

One thing, you will love the ST. There are many on here that do alot of off-roading. They can give you more info, since the most mud mine sees is back roads during hunting season. Not to much major OR for my ST.

As for suspension lifts, look up Tonka Trac. He is probably the "tallest" here. You can go pretty inexpensive if you only do a TT/Shackle lift. It will get about 2" for about $100. (cost of the shackles and realignment after the TT.

As for price, depending on the mileage, $16-18K isn't bad for an '04-05 ST.

Good luck and enjoy if you get one.;)

I think the pricing is the way it is because the ST is an SUV first, then a truck whereas the F150 is a truck first and nothing else :)

I will also check out the sport track site mentioned in another post.

There's another Sport Trac site?!?! This is the only Sport Trac site you'll ever need.

Seriously, the ST is great for outdoor activities, that's why I got mine. You get the comfort and amenities of the Explorer with the convenience of a bed where you can throw your dirty/muddy/fishy gear. As for suspension lifts, the extended rear spring shackles run about $60 and will get you about 1.5" of lift, the front torsion bar adjustment seems to vary from vehicle to vehicle, but you should be able to get at least 1" without trouble.

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

If you have a 2wd you can do what TonkaTrac did (spindle lifts etc) but seeings how your are saying you like going offroading I am going to assume you want a 4x4.

For lifts on a 4x4 you have a couple opitions:

3" body lift (what I have so far)

1.5" TT/Shackle lift (should stretch this one out to far)

4" Suspsension LIft

or

5" Suspension lift (actualy a Ranger lift with a couple small modifications).

As for being outdoorsy, I do the same. I go offroading a far amount (not rock crawling or anything, but I have a good time). I have slept in back on a couple occasions (the back seats fold down which helps) and I have also slept in the box with the tailgate down and the cover on (on a Warm night). I love my ST and I hope that you get one and join our little "community". There are great people on this site and they can help you with anything.

mine was a 2001 4x4 with 1.5'' of lift running a 32'' tire it did great off road pleanty of suspension flex. first pic was pulling a f250 4x4 out of a hole

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

Last edited by a moderator:
Here is the Ranger 5" Lift (made by RCD). I had it installed in August. Using this suspension system is not very common and is very hard to come by someone who will install this lift.

[Broken External Image]:

The suspension system more commonly used is made by Superlift. That is a good, sturdy suspension and will get you about 4 inches of clearance.

There is also the Torsion Twist and Extended Shackles that can be installed to get you about 2.5 inches of lift... I think. Correct me if I am wrong.

GREAT!!

I got so much info off of the couple hours this post has been up. Thank you!

The main problem I am running into is fining a 4-wheel drive in my price range.

Im not a big fan of body lifts, so im tryin to stay away from them if I can.

I have no problem getting a 2wd, providing I can lift it enough for 33's.

Snooze; will the ranger lift work on a 2wd or is it only for the 4wd? (Beautiful truck by the way)

One of the things I don’t understand is why aren't suspension lifts more common for these things?

2wd is easier to lift than 4x4

this is Tonka Trac it is a 4x2

[Broken External Image]:

Last edited by a moderator:
Blinkdelux3,

To tell you the truth, I don't know if it would work. I don't think the construction of the front end is any different other then missing the 4 wheel drive shafts etc, so it could work... You would just have to find someone willing to look into it for you.

Thank you for the compliment :)

i HAVE THE SUPER LIFT 3-4IN I HAVE 305 75 16 BFG MT I HAVE CLEARANCE PROBLEMS AND THE LIFT IS NOT A BOLT IN SOME MODS ARE NEEDED AND THE REAR SPRINGS ONLY ADDED 1IN I HAD TO DO A SHACKLE ON MY 04 I WILL BE DOING A BODY LIFT NEXT BECOUSE THE SUSPENSION WAS BEARLY ENOUGH TO CLEAR 33'S IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS E-MAIL ME [email protected]

i HAVE THE SUPER LIFT 3-4IN I HAVE 305 75 16 BFG MT I HAVE CLEARANCE PROBLEMS AND THE LIFT IS NOT A BOLT IN SOME MODS ARE NEEDED AND THE REAR SPRINGS ONLY ADDED 1IN I HAD TO DO A SHACKLE ON MY 04 I WILL BE DOING A BODY LIFT NEXT BECOUSE THE SUSPENSION WAS BEARLY ENOUGH TO CLEAR 33'S IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS E-MAIL ME [email protected]

Latest posts