SportTrac Owners upgrade to F-150?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think Ford could have done a better job on the F-150 redesign. The new one weighs 800 ! lbs more than the '04 F-150, and the styling is well.... ultra conservative.

Darin,

Good point. The redesign is larger, tougher, hauls more weight, tows more weight, has more room, and better then the previous model. The increased strength is reflected in that 800 LBS.

As for being conservative, I would have to disagree. I think if it is a base model, it is really stupid looking. In the right trim, I think it is stunning. IMO, it is the best looking truck out of them all. Dodge, Chevy/GMC, Toyota, and Nissan.

Tom

Caymen,

I think the new Ford F150's look big, heavy, tough, no-nonsense, slab-sided, no character, dull, and boring. I already look that way myself, and I don't need to emphasize it with my truck!

I think all the truck makers are going in the wrong direction. Other than the ancient Ranger, noone makes a 'small' truck anymore. I loved my old '86 Nissan pickup, but the Nissan truck of today is nearly as big as the Titan. Same goes for Toyota, their Tacoma is nearly the same size as the Tundra.

went the other way. 01 Sport Trac to an F-150 (03) then sold that to a friend and got an 04 Ranger FX4 (loaded). LOVE THE RANGER. right size and the mileage is equal to the ST...same engine.

Wife drives the ST and loves the "No Car Payment" part of the deal.

buggs

I agree with Darin! I used to work at a place that had a bunch of Datsun pickups. They all had 4-cylinder engines and 5-speeds, and they all ran like scared rabbits, getting second and sometimes third gear scratches. We drove the shit out of them and they would never break (but they did rust!). They probably got something like 25-30 MPG on the hiway.

Bring back some good, cheap, rugged, and fun little trucks!!!

lol glad i cought this..i went from a '98 expy to a '01 sport trac..so it was a major chnage for me. an i did love the ST..i longed for the size of the expy and the V8 again..so in '03 i got a new 150 super crew lariat FX4..i have had it now for 2 1/2 years an 25k miles..an i love it to death. this next april i will be buying it from my company. overall i think im just a fullsize truck kind of guy. the st was nice.. but to small. with the super crew i have all the room i need an all the power i need..and im getting better MPG then my ST ever did.

an the new 04-ups..you could say i kinda like them too.:D

[Broken External Image]:

I will be tradeig down to a ranger in about 2 more yrs. The chicks will begin leaving the nest(kids going to college) and I wont need a 4 door type truck. Less expensive so I can afford 4wd and other goodies also the power to weight ratio for the same 6cyl. will be better for pulling my boat...

Latest posts