Spray paint removal....Vandelism

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChrisP Riley

Reaction score
Can anyone help me out on spray paint removal??? Someone here at my apartments decided to paint my headlights, hood, bumper and bug guard!!! ( Black paint ) Man am I pissed OFF!!!! I tried cleaner wax and no luck with that. If I can get it off myself it will save me a claim on insurance and I would rather get it off and not have to worry about a body shop burning up my paint. I have a 2001 S/T Island Blue. Thanks for any help.......Later....Riley :angry:

Goof-Off is a good paint remover. First try it on some inconspicuous place to verify that it is compatible to the Ford paint. I believe it is. After removing the graffiti rinse the area with soap and water to remove any residual chemical. Wax area affected since all wax has been removed.

Last edited by a moderator:
have you ever wanted to get black headlights...now its done for you. Before you worry about i i would maybe contact your insurance company. My insurance doesnt count vandalism as a claim (i did have to pay the deductible) but i can claim up to 3 times a year without it affecting my rate.

Dallas

Chris Riley, sorry to hear that, someone at my complex decided to key MY 2001 Island Blue. I just need to get the dent doctor to try and repair the paint. I'm mad too, I park it right, get along with my neighbors and all that but people will just have the devil in them sometine. Hope you get it off without having to be out of pocket too much. Good advice here from people that know, so good luck with it!

:angry::angry::angry:

Damn, who's cheerios did you piss in?

Just do it fast, the longer the paint has to cure, the harder it is to remove.

Turtle Wax's Bird shit and tar remover worked wonders for me at getting roofing tar off my hood, you may want to give that a whack.

Take it to a good detailer and see what they can do.

If you need a posse, let us know and we'll come over with some ball bats and attitudes. Whomever the little pussy was who vandalized your trac is, he obviously needs to feel some tortuous pain.

Count me in. I prefer camshafts. Not only do the work great at opening intake and exhaust valves, but they work awesome at causing pain.

Tom

When my Mustang got spray painted, I used a bug & tar remover. It took a little elbow grease, but it worked. You'll just need to rewax it afterwards.