Squeaking in the Back...

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chris Whitman

Reaction score
Has anyone else had any issues with their Tracs squeaking alot in the back?

I took it to the dealer about 7 montsh ago and they said it was the ummmmm I think Leaf something in the back suspension that were causing the Squeaking... So they pried them apart and lubed them.. and it went away... But guess what its back and now the truck is out of warranty....

Any ideas?

Cheers

Whit

If it's a high pitch squeak, it's probably the tailgate. 3 in 1 oil on the latches and hinge will fix that. If it's coming from underneath, chances are it's the rear swaybar squeeking. If that's the case, re-grease the bushings holding it on the rear axle.

Could be the leafs again or the sway bar end links.

Get a good lube, NOT wd40, And lubricate the pivit points.

Todd Z

I was about to start a post about exactly the same thing. If someone could give detailed info on what type of lube to use and where to use it, I'd greatly appreciate it.

I also had a shop take care of it about a year ago while I was having brake work done, but it's back with a vengeance.

just to help you guys out...i jsut posted this same question 2 days ago so feel free to check it out..jsut look at my post, should be on the next page..let me know what worked for you

I use white lithium grease once a year after the winter... Don't overdue it just enough to grease all the bushings and points that look like they need it.... They tend to look rusty and dry after the winter and it takes care of the squeeks