Squeaky seat, help

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

John Walker

Reaction score
Well, after 3 years of my son pushing his feet against my passenger seat, as of late it has developed a nice squeak when I go over bumps. Anyone have any idea on how to tighten or fix this?

Thanks

My 2001 Sport Trac drivers seat would squeak like crazy while driving over slightly bumpy pavement. If you adjusted the seat back recliner up or down one notch it would go away for a while (maybe a day or two) but it would always come back.

I finally got tired of listening to it one day while I was on my way to the hardware store, so I picked up a can of spray lubricant form LiquidWrench that contained Teflon, and was specifically designed for eliminating squeaks.

I spray it liberally down inside the seat back pivot joint on both sides of the drivers seat. Then I reclined the seat all the way back and sprayed the same pivot mechanisms again. I put the seat back upright and drove home in wonderful silence !! I drove that Sport Trac for nearly another 40K miles and never had another squeak from the seat.

Others have tried the same thing I did with the same results.

...Rich