Squicky Noise

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

flavio montes

Reaction score
So today i was riding around with my st and i started to hear a noise , that annoying squicky noise when you are driving on bad roads.. i love my sport trac and looks great but that noise is not helping when it sounds like a broke down truck. i dont know if its the ball joints or somthing loose that makes that annoying squicky noise.. any advices ?

I don't think anyone here knows what a squicky noise is so locating it is gonna be rather difficult....seriously though is the noise coming from the suspension or from some part of the interior?

With your milage and the age of your Trac. The simplest my just be lubeing all the sway bar bushings.

Next it could be balljoints ot control arm bushings.

Many, many possibilities.

I traced a "squeak" to the tailgate hinges. Do your best to locate front or rear, left or right and then try to duplicate while parked.

It can take a while to find a noise, good luck!

Thank you sport trac friends. The first thing is lubercating the bottom! But where can I get it done? My sport trac has had tough winters and maybe its time for it to get lubercated

I have a similar noise from the front passenger wheel well. And it's intermitant. Had ford look at it and they couldn't find the noise or the problem. I'm not sure if it's coming from the strut or ball joints. I just purchased it 2 months ago. Looks to still have the original struts and its at 60k miles (07 ST XLT). Friend of mine heard it the other day, so i know I wasn't crazy hearing it.

I just got home from the mechanic......$262 out the door....had the rear brakes fixed, rear sway bar bushings greased, new front strut bar end links put in and front sway bar greased properly, He would normally charge 4.5 hours at $90 an hour plus parts. I got lucky and he knocked off 2.5 hours labor.

They had to torch the old sway bar end links off they were so bad....and only about 3 and a half years old.

Latest posts