ST Appearance Package 07/08?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MARVIN McINTYRE 2

Reaction score
ATTN: 07 ST- Owners, buyers, fence sitters: This may be something you are interested in if you are thinking about buying an 07 ST, or even an 08 (September, 2007 production for the 08 ST). This is from Bryan Olson, Sport Trac Brand Marketing Manager, whom I correspond with on occassions. Who, BTW, was at the California introduction of the 2007 ST with Todd Z. He says in an e-mail to me:

"There has been a bit of news released about the future of performance vehicles at Ford.The only SVT program that we are working on is the Mustang Cobra, due later this year. The performance engine of the Adrenaline has been officially cancelled. At this time, it is possible that we will bring out another version of the Sport Trac that is an appearance only package. I have been working to make this a reality by talking to people within the company and to dealers and some owners to test the level of interest. Any announcements on this will come closer to the availability of the package. Most likely sometime next year."

I think "R" would be more privy to this kind of info, as he is usually in the mix of upcoming "STuff" and tidbits of drooling news that most of us don't know. Take it for what its worth, I'm just passing it on as something to look for in the future of the Sport Trac. I wonder too, how well is the 07 selling at this time, considering the late availability of the PDBL?

Chime in, all you ST'ers out there!;)

If he wants my opinion, I will not buy a ST unless it is an Adrenalin (I noticed he misspelled it) or something similar. The run of the mill STs are not for me.

I was considering an 07, but there are not enough options on it and I could care less about the V8 in the proposed Adrenalin...the V6 is plenty for me. If it happens to have a V8, I would still get it, but if it's an option...I would opt out.

I have seen a press release that the Adrenalin was cancelled, but a dealer salesman told me they are going to make it as a add on package...has anyone else heard news to straighten this out? Not sure if it was the Adrenalin SVT or the Adrenalin package that was cancelled/postponed

The engine is the only thing that could possibly sway me into buying a new Trac.

Such a shame on Fords part.

Tom

I've chimed in before, but regarding appearance I would like to see:

1) A grill that is more rugged looking (possibly something along the lines of the 07 Expedition or even the SVT ST Adrenalin concept)

2) A raised hood center(like the first gen STs)

The hood and the grill would give the ST a more aggressive and sporty look than the Explorer.

3) An off road appearance package. Some wider tires and a more aggressive off road tread pattern. Something like 265/70-16 A/T TAs or Bridgestone Duelers. Those 235 on the '07 are pretty skinny. That along wiht a brush bar and some lights would be cool.

4) A little something done to the front fenders. I don't have an answer, but they just don't look quite right to me. Maybe the larger tires would fill it out better and do the job.

5) For the street crowd the SVT Adrenalin would be nice. I'm more of an off road go anywhere do anything utility type though.

I would also like to see some imagination go into the idea of storage areas. The bed areas on the ST, along with the trunk in the RL are okay, but any floor of the bed storage is limited by what else you may be carrying. Using the sides I think would offer some good utility. Obviously it would never be a large storage area, but possibly suitable for soft coolers, toolbags, fishing/hunting equipment, jumper cables, a few grocery bags, etc. I have Photoshoped my ideas on this, but I'll see what others think.

I would think the designers could have a field day if they polled the members here with ideas. You would never find a solution that makes everyone happy, but just like with concept cars, you'd find what people do and don't like.

I would even be happy if they built an appearance package that looked like the Adrenalin Concept. Integrated molded running boards, airdam, rollpan, shaved roof rack and tie downs, lowered stance, and possibly a special sporty grille. Possibly like the new F-150 FX-2 concept. The standard V8 would still make a decent base to work with. Whipple was planning an upgraded blower for the SVT Adrenalin, it would be cool if they would just expand their plans and create a kit similar to EE's X-Charger kit for the V8.

But knowing the way Ford works, it'll probably be a continuation of the Gen 1 Adrenalin package- chrome wheels, chrome step bars, a badge, and the upgraded sound system.

BTW, do you know if Bryan's coming to Louisville?

Last edited by a moderator:
Great opinions, you guys! I kind of like everything that's been said here, and some more that hasn't been said!

Larry, I have no clue if Bryan is coming or not, that may be the big question here, but I would expect that he would/should come, after all, this is his baby and he needs to help us out here as far as what's up with the future of the Sport Trac as it relates to the owner's needs and wants and desires. I just saw my first one driving on the road yesterday, itwas the deep blue color XLT, it looked good, but was so plain (maybe color/options?). I still like it, not as much as the 01 I have, but it isn't as rugged looking as the 01's thru 05's. Here's hoping that the "Appearance Package" for it will be awesome, and if it is, I hope they put something good under the hood to make it scorch the earth! Anyway, that's my two cents worth!:eek:

An appearance package would put me back in an ST- I love all the '07 technical improvements, the center console shift, the V8, etc., but the looks are more utilitarian and less unique than before in my opinion, and the available colors didn't excite me. I was so upset over the Adrenalin cancellation that I bought the craziest truck of my life! I don't think I need something as wacko as my new F150, but a sportier look for the ST could have kept me in the fold.[Broken External Image]::cool:[Broken External Image]:

Lasik, I don't think it's wacko, I like it!

My ST is kinda the same way.

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

The new ST has way too many stock F-150isms in it. It needs less average pickup truck and more of the sporty ruggedness that originally made it such a unique departure from the "norm".

Nice McSportTrac. Can I super-size it? :lol:

I'm not super-privvy to this stuff, I just work here. ;)

mY 2 cents

If the ST had a new package design for either OFFROAD or a street look I would like it. Having the v8 is great, but the adrenalin was a great idea and it sucks that it was cancelled. Maybe they could build both an offroad version and a total street version as an adrenalin version, and just not call it an SVT. the street could be a "R" or and ST R, and the offroad version could be an ST OR. Personally with the cancelation of the adrenalin SVT, I am looking at different companies, and currently am looking at the Pontiac G6 GXP edition. (its not in production yet, but it will be)

I would dig an FX4 Sport Trac. I had been thinking about what to do to an '07 if I get one and among the first things will be some American Racing series 187 wheels and some 265/70-16 Duelers. That, and the exhaust system are high on my list. Have to hear that V8.