ST Issues

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gerry Mac

Reaction score
I have had my '05 Adrenalin since July and have been mostly trouble free. I have 5800 km on it. It is going in this week for the 9 month service and I have a couple of things arise.

1. I am getting quite bad rust on both my chrome side rails. (running boards) These have been replaced once already. I don't take my ST to work in the winter, so it is mostly out of the salt. The rust is on top of the rail and at the rear on both. I'm talking about a spot app. 4'" X 4". Anyone else have this?

2. The molding on the rear window fell off when I put the rear window down for the first time this spring.

Gerry

Last edited by a moderator:
at least its under warranty...have them replace it again...shouldnt be rusting out that fast though..i have an '01 and the runing boards started to rust out on me but not as bad as yours. i jsut took mine off b.c i didnt want them anyways.

the rear window molding was probably just put on bad from the factory, damn robots, that easy to fix. the dealer will do that for you.

I try and stay away from the chrome you get one scratch and the start rusting like crazy hard to fix. Same with the black but at least you ca repaint them.

I have an 05 also. I have black step bars. I took mine off for the winter (live in Maine) I did leave the brackets on. It helped. Your always going to have little things go wrong. My first week a window motor went and then 2 weeks ago the throttle body solinoid and now my child locks are stuck on lock. As long as it is under warranty don't worry get it all done now.