ST Quality/Reliability

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alan Peters

Reaction score
I just realized my 03 ST has yet to get a recall or major work done. I've hit 33K miles and still running strong even after a rear end accident. I changed the oil on sunday and did a general inspection. Everything looks normal. Wish all the other Fords I've owned were built and had such good quality as this ST.

My '02 just rolled over the 81k mark with just one ittsy bittsy problem that Ford took of by replacing the motor (under warranty).

Luv my Trac!

Larry

I'm on my second Sport Trac with no major problems.

My 2001 Job-1 (42K miles) had Firestone tire recall fiasco as well as the usual leaking fuel pump, squeaky drivers seat, and excessive wind noise. It also had problems with the multifunction switch in the tilt wheel that would periodically disable the starter. My battery went dead with only 11 miles left on the warranty so I got a brand new one.

My 2003 (23K miles) has not been back to the dealer for anything but a recall on the evap. hose.

a co worker was (WAS) looking at a new Chevy (oh no i said a bad word) trail blazer i told him bad idea and so did my boss.so we looked up vehicle reviews the trail blazer was a P.O.S. so i looked up the trac it did better than i thought it would the complaints were wind noise which we all know poor brakes mine work fine i know my trac weighs over 5000lbs and shocks yep known fact. no trany complaints!!!

Latest posts