ST turns 6

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I bought my ST in april of 2000 and took delivery in May. I have over 100,000 miles and it still looks good and drives well.

Over the years I've had this work done:

two waterpumps (one free)

two thermostats (one free)

one radiator (at 104k miles)

lower ball joint

front inner seals (to stop squeeking)

rotors turned and pads upgraded due to squeel

Otherwise routine maintenence - still a sound truck. It has been a versatile vehicle for camping, rafting, kayaking, hauling, and taking my daughter to college with a ton of stuff. My 16 year old is worried I'm going to drive it for 10 years and he won't get it anytime soon.

I love that squeaking! I made about 5 trips to the dealer for them to diagnose that one.... Then they told me they want $350 to put on the $20 seals. I give a squirt of oil on the inner hub ring once every couple of months...... Costs me almost nothing....

Austin, way to go for your 01 ST. I have an 01 myself, almost finished paying off. I have over 126,000 miles on mine, and the only thing major has been the tranny. Good solid truck, and I more than likely will get another one next year. :wub: this truck!

I got mine Oct. 2000.

No major problems.

Replaced 2 lower ball joints.

Replaced O2 sensor.

Replaced original goodyears due to recall with goodyears free @ 30,000 miles. Replaced those @ 100,000 miles with Bridgestone Dueler Revos that I love.

Otherwise normal maintenance like brake pads, oil changes, tranny and radiator flushes.

115,000 miles.

Still tows the boat just fine.

The Hawk :cool:

Mine is a 2001 Job 2 with 178,000 kms on it, other than maintanence (which Includes balljoints, shocks, brakes etc...) The only thing I had to have done was the solenoid but that was under warranty. But it is starting to flare again, Just waiting on getting my xcal2 and I'll do the EPC adjustment as well when I install my tranny temp gauge.

Wayne, Just so you know I'll be buying one probably end of May as I am leaving for Cancun sunday and dont know how much money I am spending down there. hahaha.

Dallas

Mine is a 2002 with almost 93,000 miles on it. Bought it almost a year ago and had to get the transmission rebuilt, sooo glad I got the extended warranty for it, only had to pay about $400 in parts not covered. Other than brakes and new shocks this summer, hopefully thats the only thing I'll have to pay for for awhile.