ST vs Ridgeline

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i think patrick has the best opinion on the choices.

also, patrick i think its great being a ford rep that you are open minded and honest about the two vehicles :D

I have owned a '07 V8 Trac limited now for 9 months (about 9600 miles). I have not driven a Ridgeline. I can say from my reading that the Honda is wider, so it might seem roomier inside. Other than that, the V8 ST clobbers the Ridge in just about every aspect that matters (in my opinion). Looks, power, towing, comfort, flexibility, quality. If buying American matters to you, the V8 is made in Romeo, MI and the matching 6 spd is made in Livonia, MI, assembled in Louisville, it's pretty darn American. The fully boxed frame is very solid. The independent rear suspension is amazing. You can't buy a "truck" with IRS. The F-150, or even Chevy Avalanche both have "live" axles in back, and just don't ride as well. After what has been a seriously snowy season in Detroit, I have to say the stability control, traction control and automatic 4x4 work VERY well. You simply cannot make this truck lose control without really trying to do it. The Honda is a decent ride, but for my money the ST delivers more. I can't say enough about the 3V V8 and 6 spd trans. GET THE V8! For 1 MPG less you get 82 more horsepower over the (German built) 4.0V6. Speaking of MPG, on a long trip (250mi) I average 20-21MPG with my V8. I just ordered a K&N air filter and will let you all know if it improves. So far my only complaint is I'd like to see two 12v accessory plugs in the front cabin. I have an iPod, GPS, & phone with only 2 plugs to use.

Love it!:D

Drove the Ridgeline, Drove the ST. Crawled under the Ridgeline, crawled under the ST. Bought the ST Limited and guess what, it it the ST of the week! :lol:

Thanks to all for your input. This will all help with our decision.

We've absolutely loved our '02 ST but the "cheapness" of the interior on the '08 makes me wonder where else Ford cut corners.

If I can't convince the Mrs. to keep the ST I may be posting a fully loaded '02 Silver Birch 4X4 in Swap & Sell.

Thanks Again!

A very important part of the car owning and driving experience for me is the feeling I get when I walk up to my car or truck in a parking lot or looking at it sitting in the driveway. I like to think "Damn! That's a good looking truck!"

I can honestly say that the Ridgeline would never prompt me to think that.

My Sport Trac does it all the time. I like the looks of it "almost" as much as I do my Vette, and that's saying something.

I have to like the looks of what I drive.

Jerry

Latest posts