ST with hydraulics on Ebay

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ken Stewart

Reaction score
Not necessarily my interest, but someone might be. This ST has hydraulics on it, kinda cool if you're into this kind of thing. The links too long to put in the link section, so just copy and paste below into your browser.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Ford-Explorer-Sport-Trac-XLT-Customized-2003-Ford-Exporer-Sport-Trac-w-Hydraulics_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ43909QQitemZ4615644895QQrdZ1

Last edited by a moderator:
HERE

item= 4615644895

HAHAHAHAHAAHHAHA

Note #1: The frame has been altered and the bed cut out because of the air- ride system and the ABS Box Sensor has been removed (ABS light stays on.) Gas tank was rerouted to inside of bed due to air-ride also.

Note: I am having a friend list this for me. You can e-mail her and I'll try to get back with you ASAP with any questions you might have. Thanks and Good Luck!!

HAHAHAHAH

Good catch Todd and very funny indeed! I didn't pay much attention to it since it's not my cup of tea. Glad you checked it out in more detail :)

That truck was in the owner profiles like 3 years ago on Streetsourcemag.com .

It showed the buildup pics of it. They are gone now, about 1 year ago. It has a reverse 4 link with bags over the axle. there was no need for that big step notch and cutting up the bed just to get that low with an over the axle bag set up.

If i cut my bed floor up and re arranged my stuff i would be draggin frame not just barely tucking tire!

BTW they probably removed the abs for room for the 22's, but i dont know why they could of just as easily moved it over a little.

Please no one buy this pile or let someone they know bid on this hunk of crap. ;)

Looks more like somebody hacked apart an ST, then realized that it is pretty much impractical to drive, and not really a show truck (even though they advertise it as such). I would rate the air-ride mod as amateur at best.

What a waste.

The work really doesnt look that bad. It's not how I would have done it, but if they cleaned it up it would be ok. I have seen worse welding and notches people have done. And the tank could have easily been fixed to keep from being in the bed.

the funny thing is , the tank isnt in the bed, they just re routed the filler neck up through the bed floor ??

maybe they thought it was gonna get hit when the 22's came all the way up in the fenderwell

If you won't be draggin the frame, you probably won't need to relocate the fuel tank JK. You saw how low my truck was, and the tank was still about 5-6" off the ground. I put a tank in the bed simply because I'll bag the truck and went ahead and got the tank out of the way. There isn't room enough to raise the tank much...

I know it wouldnt be much of a problem. But later down the road when I get a daily I'll BD it. That way it'll be something less to worry about.

TIGER: you keep saying "my truck". i assume your talking about the ranger in ur photo gallery not the sport trac?

JK: The tank is not in the way un less you want to run a forward triangulated 4 link. id do a forward 3 link with a panhard or watts. with the third link right beside the center of the diff on the pass side axle tube.

I might do this one day, but for now my 2 link is handling awesome, though i kinda miss be able to hit sides sometimes. ahh fock hittin sides :p

right, just widenend the ranger frame a few inches. man i wish our frames were narrow like a rangers frame. then i could run my linkbars outside the frame and have the bags on the outside too. :(

it would make life so much easier

Latest posts