STA Fog Bulbs

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They are not the 9145's

I did a search on this site and found my original inquery.

See my original post:

http://www.mysporttrac.com/shared/msgboard9e.asp?BOARDNAME=MSG&VIEW=1134010&REPLYCOUNT=8&sitename=mysporttrac

The only thing that MAY work is these:

Last edited by a moderator:
Of course I want to replace my fogs and reg headlights with HIDs, but don't know what to do about the fogs . . . . . anyone have suggestions?

Thats what I was getting at Kevin. I have the headlight HIDs on the way, and wanted the fogs to match. The sylvania email response mentioned 5202, and when I search for those a few options pop up, but I wanted to make sure thats what we're working with here before I purchase.

I havent actually looked at the bulbs myself, but from another post the bulbs read PS24WFF

7L06HG.

Apparently PS24WFF is a Phillips part number for H16 / 9009 bulbs. Surely somebody can confirm this is the correct bulb........

Well, I've been doing a little more searching, and it looks like the new Silverados, etc. have the same or similar fog bulbs. These owners are also considering the bulb a mystery.

http://www.gm-trucks.com/forums/lofiversion/index.php?t74976.html

A few have ordered the Putco bulbs listed above and although brighter than OEM, not HID or near HID.

http://www.wheelzngrillez.com/gmfoglibuh1.html

http://www.gm-trucks.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=79664&st=0&p=615854&#entry615854

If their bulbs are indeed the same bulbs as the STA, then the PIAA may be the way to go

http://www.piaa.com/Lamps/Lamps-VS13.html

BTW, Phillips's website has no info, but I will call them later and hopefully they can "shine some light" :lol: on our dilemma.

Edit: Scratch Phillips off the list . . . they were not able to identify the bulb.

Well, reading from gm-trucks and one of the escape forums, the general consensus is that they are H16 / 9009. But, when I tried to cross reference the escape bulbs, a few different websites came back as 5202 again! Jeez, why so damn difficult??

Kevin, I'm not even on the same continent as my STA right now. If you get a chance, grab a picture of the bulb and compare it to the bulbs putco.com pictures as H16.

I've got some detailed pics @ home that I will post this evening.

I went down this road last August and gave up since I kept hitting dead ends.

I will double check, but I don't believe they look anything like the H16 / 9009

Does anyone know what's in the XLT/Limited ST? I've read 9145 and I've read 5202.

I called Sylvania and they asked me to email them the photos so they can try and match it up.

Also, I called Ford's customer service number and they were no help . . . . 9145 is all they could tell me. They said that the system shows her that only a rectangular housing was available on the 2008 Sport Trac.

She advised me to go to the dealership and have them pull it to check into it. . . .

I just don't understand why Ford can't even tell me what parts come on my STA. (It's not like there were only a half a dozen made)

I spoke with Sylvania, they told me that the 5202 is a Phillips number and that 9145 is a universal number.

There may be some truth to the 5202 = H16 / 9009, but I'd have to do a comparison.

As it turns out, the PS24WFF 7L06HG number is a manufacturing date.

I'm emailing Sylvania the pics of my bulb to see if they can match it up with one of their products.

From there, possibly find a aftermarket product.

Here's the pics:

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

Close. Almost close enough to give the H16/9009 a try. The bulb itself is obviously different but then again, the HID bulb will be different as well. The base being different shapes doesn't really bother me that much, as long as the clips hold the whole thing in place I would be satisfied.

I'll hold off on ordering the bulbs until sylvania gets backs to you Kev. If they dont have any good info I'll go ahead and get the H16 / 5202 bulbs and give them a shot.

Let us know what sylvania comes up with.

Thanks brother!

Well, here's the response I got back from Sylvania:

Kevin,

This is a 5202 lamp. It is manufactured by Phillips. We do not manufacture a lamp that can be used in place of this lamp. You should be able to get it through NAPA, I believe they sell Phillips lamps. I am sorry I could not be of more assistance.

Lorri-Anne Johnson

Customer Service

OSRAM Sylvania Automotive Lighting

My local Ford dealership was able to give me a part number but they couldn't (or wouldn't) give me the industry number. They did however inform me that all the new Fords with the round fog lights have the same bulbs (Mustang, Escape, Mariner and STA).

The Silverado/Sierra apparently uses the same bulbs as well.

Weird how Ford uses Sylvania for all their headlamps except for the round fogs.

:wacko:

The universal number for the Phillips 5202 may indeed be H16, but I have yet to test the theory.

Sylvania sounds pretty confident that they correctly identified our mystery bulb so if anyone can find an Autozone, Advanced Auto, etc. that will let me test fit a H13, than we'll know for sure.

Now the only question is whether or not the HID will burn too hot for our OEM fog housing???

(One practice I have read through my research is to initially burn the bulb prior to installing it as it has a tendency to create a haze or residue in the fog housing of the Silverados.)

After doing a little research, I am still unable to find much for the 5202, but I did find a few websites that offer a 5202 HID kit.

The site I got the brochure from looks promising ($269.00):

Good info! I'll take their word for it, and go with the 5202.

These guys sell the 5202 for $89. Out of stock as of right now but they'll eventually have them again I hope. Their website is a little shady, with misspelled words and bad punctuation. But maybe thats because they're overseas or something. When they have them in stock again I'll take the chance at $89.

H16 or 9009 are the what I have put in my 2010 Sport Trac Adreanlin. I went with the Ion Spark White Pure from Putco. No problems and a perfect fit.

Thats excelent news.

How do you like them?

Noticable difference from the stock bulbs?

Did you also replace your main headlamps and if so, what did you use?

H16 or 9009 are the what I have put in my 2010 Sport Trac Adreanlin.

How did you get a 2010 STA if production doesn't start till the 24th ?

on a side note if anyone is interested, 2010 sport tracs ordered after 7/10/09 will be built starting the week of 8/24.

It was ordered before July 10, 09. It's Torch Red since I couldn't get Oxford White and is loaded with every option. It replaced my 07 Oxford White Limited model. This is my third sport trac 05 sta, 07 limted, 10 sta. As the fog lamps go, they are more of a white and less yellow as they match my main lamps which are silverstars, which I have used in my last 3 sport tracs and think they are the best for the money hands down. "Here's a heads up for people who want remote start. If you order it with remote start or splash guards then those are dealer installed and not factory installed. Your invoice with say it on the window sticker and they ship direct to the dealer to be install."

Latest posts