Stalling Solved!?!?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chris Kulbaba

Reaction score
Well, thank you ToddZ, and Torrie at Unleased Tuning.

I had Torrie make me a new tune as Doug at Bama hasn't responded to my last few emails!

Anyways. Torrie did his thing and it stalled still. I took Todd Z's advice against the recommendations of Torrie and had him disable the torque converter lockup.

Viola! It has not stalled once, not even close for the hour I drove it, after abour 10 stalls atleast today prior.

Thanks all!

I have a c ouple more questions now tho.

Is this a 100% Lockup Solenoid problem, or can it be something else? The only thing he changed on the tune was the lockup of the torque converter.

Second, its driving so nice right now, better than I can remember since its been so long. HOW long can I leave this tune without the TC lockup enabled before getting it fixed?

Im so exstatic! I have proof! I just have to confirm that the solenoid is the only thing that can be causing this or if it couldbe the TC itself somehow?????

Im going to drive it all night tonight for a failsafe test to make sure this has cured my stalling.