Steering Wheel Resto

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Emory

Reaction score
If this has been asked before, I apologize for asking again. I have a 2008 ST 4.6 in excellent condition with the exception of the steering wheel. It suffers from the normal wear. Have any of you restored only the wheel part of your steering wheel? Mostly what I've found on line has folks installing those ugly after-market covers (some better than other but none look original). Is there a plastic paint or coating that can be purchased to apply to the wheel? Thanks!

Take your time, find the stitch that works best for you. It will look fantastic.

There are repair company's that re cover the wheels, I used one ( Crafts Customs) that was great on my 03... Going to do my blue 2010 soon too. Or try Ebay for a replacement wheel. the Mountaineer wheel works too and is fancier.

I don't want to install the Wheelskin under very cold conditions because I don't want it to loosen up when it warms up. (My garage isn't heated). With Christmas upon us, I don't have time to install either and then it's Jan. in VA. BUT,,,once I get it installed on my Chrysler 200, I"ll post a pic to show what it looks like. If it looks good, I'm going to order one for the ST. I'm simply sticking with black.

Latest posts