Stereo Question

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Ok so I was on my way home from the beach this morning and I got to thinking about what my first project for the summer would be. I have an idea in my head but I was hoping for a little help with a few questions. My first is does anyone know where I can find a full radio bezel for the sport trac. A website or a wrecked trac or anything would be great b/c I'm going to fiberglass the entire thing. My second question is has anyone moved the A/C controls to say the glove box or anywhere else. What all does that entail? I'm not new to custom audio installs but that would be a first for me so I would kind of like some pointers before I dive head first into it. And my third question is where has everyone that has crossovers mounted them? Ive seen under the seat and in the door itself. Mine right now are flush mounted in the rear plastic but I'm just searching for some better ideas. Anyway I appreciate any help that anyone can give me.

Since this post has not got any feedback :( I say you should improvise with everything you just said. When your done: post pics and everyone will refer to your name when it comes to custom audio work. Your ideas sound interesting. Go for it, if it doesnt work, replacement parts can always be found and new ideas will come to you.

To find another Radio Bezel, I say, post a wanted add in the Swap and sell board, or visit a wrecking yard, or buy a new one.

As for the cross overs: Look around on the doors and find every obvious place to put them, then, find another spot that will take some detail and craftsmenship to make work, then put them there because no one will have it that way yet.

Good luck

I haven't seen anyone on here that has moved the AC controls to the glovebox, but Ryan Eylander molded a stereo faceplate into the A-pillar and put the main component in the glovebox. I know not the same thing, but that's the closest thing I've seen to the AC in the glovebox. As far as the radio bezel, see if Coastiejoe can hook you up with one from a nearby junkyard. Good luck and let us know how it goes if you go through with it.

[Broken External Image]:

I installed a double din Kenwood unit and had to modify the bezel to accept the larger size. I countersunk the faceplate surround using a dremel tool to shape out the fitting. Then used body filler and sanded, painted until it looked right. I know it's not the same but just wanted to share. As for the AC controls it should be a straight forward move, lengthening of the wires for the harnesses might be in order if there isn't enough slack. The controls are rotary dials vs levers so you should be able to mount them anywhere. I should be posting some pics soon. Greetings from Turkey.

Chris.

where had ryan been by the way, last I heard he was having tranny issues and he used to post almost everyday... now I havent seen much from him in months... is he alive...

I just installed MB Quartz 6x8 components in the front doors this weekend. I glued my crossovers to the inside of the door panels just behind where the arm rest is. It was the only spot I could find that had enough space for them. I'll take pics if I can soon.

Latest posts