Still have a slight Rough Idle from CAI Install

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Uhmm, Bill, I am a novice to all this fancy cold air stuff, and upgrades. But I have recently 'bought into' the cold air intake thing, and its well worth every dime I spent! I have noticed quicker take offs, smoother idle, better acceleration at freeway speeds (passing) and an overall better sounding engine. I have also noticed, albiet without any tru numbers, an increase in gas mileage. I filled my tank at 5432 miles (trip od), and after 5530 miles passed (less than 100), my guage has not hit the 3/4 mark. That tells me that I am currently heading for over 300 per tank. Never did that before. So I will stand behind Todd with any 'scientific' bru ha ha you bring. I believe through my pown personal experience that these things work, and so does every other customer that has purchased his intake.

Todd, I got your back, not that you need it, you handled it well!

I hope my talk about heat soak fan wash out, didnot open this worm. Im not running Todds CAI, yet. Been experimenting with info that Im familiar with. I had a left over K&N open conical from my stang. I did not experiance wash out with my '94. I had electric fan. I did experiance excess plenum heat soak, from under hood temps and uncoated non insulated headers.

I have no dought that Todds CAI makes power improovement. My reason is when I switched to the MAC kit in the pic below, filter in the fender. I definitly picked up power through the whole dyno range. I dont remember the numbers because it was years ago. Doing other things one at a time during the dyno runs. See the pic. Filter in the fender worked with fans and hood up and no fans hood down.

[Broken External Image]:

My 98 also ran that style.... The mustang had a ton of room to do it so they did.... My 98 kit even came with a cover to keep the heat from making its way to the filter and allow the filter to get the most cold air possible...

Bill,

Again... Your allowed to voice opinions, But you went after ME and MY products...

you could have said,

I feel Cold air intakes are Bunk.

Not

Your Cold air is bunk..

Then your going after me not a general intake group...

Todd Z

[Broken External Image]: