Stock Cd Changer Problems

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Boodrodon Dykes

Reaction score
I have the 6 disc CD Changer and its not working. Its making a buzzing sound and when I switch from Radio to CD it just makes the sound and iI have to go back to Radio. I try to eject/load a cd and it just keeps making the buzzing sound and wont eject/load the cd.

I look inside and really cant see any thing wrong, but I am not sure. Can any one help?

Thanks,

Boodro

Hey Boodro,

Mine doesn't work that well either. I have noticed that when it is really hot outside, or when I have been playing the CD player for a long time, it is a really hard time trying to get CDs out. I have found that when you eject a CD, it seems to get stuck? Does the CD door on yours stay open? If so, I stick a credit card and rest it on top of the CD that is stuck. This seems to put the CD on the belt or whatever pushes it out and it slides out. If you don't get it in time before it errors out, just try it again. Eject the CD you are trying to remove and use the credit card again. I hope this helps.

Tommy

With my 01 I installed a computer, as in home PC, fan to the back side of it. It would get so hot that the dash was cooking.

Worked very well for me. I traded it in for my 03. It gets warm but no where near as HOT as my 01 got.

I did not do a project at the time. Basically, I fed the fan via the secondary hot wire directly off the radio. So, when the ignition was on the fan was on. I never heard the fan running and no one ever asked me, "Whats that noise"?

As a last resort if you think it is screwed. A couple of quick shots of WD40 into the loading door attempting to hit the loading mechanism only. Allow the WD40 to air dry out the solvents and then insert a cd cleaning disc and run several times. After you run the cleaning disc several times run it again several times. This is to make sure you get any oils off the laser lens. Stick in a cd you are willing to sacrifice if needed and hope for the best. I think you will be pleasently surprised what the lube and cleaning will do.

We have an o3 with similar cd problems. We have semi-solved the problem by trying to eject cd's early in the day and by starting at tray 1 and waiting a while then go to tray 2. Even if they are empty. The cd's and the dash do get really hot so be careful. We recently moved from Calif. to Kentucky and drove cross country, so the first day was frustrating but got the system worked out and the rest of the trip was ok. Everybody should be forced to drive cross country at least once in their lives. It really is a big and beautiful country to look at while driving.

Just a reminder since I didn't see it mentioned..... but don't play CD's with printed labels attached to them. This is a known problem with the Pioneer cd players.

Latest posts