Storage of bed cover

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How about this?

Go to the home improvement store (Lowes, Home Depot), go to the aisle that has garage organizer stuff, look for holders or hangers that screw/fasten into the wall, and pick up three of them. There are several types, from those that hold garden/lawn tools like rakes and shovels, to those that simply are peg or hanger shaped. Some come with padding over them as if they were dipped in some soft plastic...I recommend those. Also, buy a long bungee cord, one that stretches to at least 4 or 5 feet.

Place the hangers on the garage wall in an isosceles (sp?) triangle shape (two on the bottom, one above in the middle), so that the folded cover can rest on the two at the bottom (put the hinged side up...just for ease of hanging). Then, use the bungee cord to secure the cover to the third/top hanger, wrapping it all the way around the cover and fastening to the top hanger. The bottom two hangers hold the weight, the top one and the bungee hold the cover tight to the wall and keep it from flopping over.

Seems to me something like that would work, though I haven't tried it...I always kept mine on.

TJR

Last edited by a moderator: