Stories and Updates

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Snooze

Reaction score
Im posting a message just to talk about the truck and them Im going to start using a new Alias:

Snooze instead of Dubl-Helix.

Dubl-Helix is a name I use for my art page: dubl-helix.deviantart.com and Snooze is a name my budies call me because its hard to wake up for classes all week and the snooze button is a common thing. :) Ive also finally put some pictures into my library for those of you who remember the few posts I have made and are wondering what I drive.

The Truck:

For the past two weeks I have been diving into and researching suspension and performance upgrades. I got my tax returns back and I was able to add to my stash for the truck. Now I have enough to play.

I think the first think I am going to do is lift the truck 4". Ive been looking into the Super Lift and maybe, just maybe the RCD coil over conversion kit. The RCD kit does have priority over the Super Lift, but depending on my resources for the install the Super Lift might be the easier thing to do. Ive also been thinking about exaust, but what is holding me back is the lift kit because I figured it would be easier to rout single to doubl out when that was done. Ive also been looking into Fiberglas fenders by Hannemann. Im not to sold on them yet, Im a bit concerned about what the engine bay will look like after the install and also keeping the engine clean. Also the aesthetic, I havnt seen very many tracs with them at all and dont even know if I really like them. The fenders and lift wouldnt be for serious off roading, I actually want to keep the truck really clean and enter it into a few car shows.

The interior is almost finished, Ive got two screens (front and back), 6 disk DVD player, modified the rear seats to a 40/40 set up with a dual 12" sub box in the center. About 2000 watts with Xtant and Pioneer, sounds suuper good. I dont listen to them to loud all the time, but when I want to I can really turn them up. Ill post more pictures of that stuff later. Im not quite satisfied with the sub set up yet. Im a designer.. all I do is come up with new ideas.. Sometimes a good thing, but sometimes not becuase new ideas means more money! Haha.

Hope the post isnt to long, I dont really have anyone else to talk about truck stuff except when I visit here and read about others. My roomates are into cars, one has a Mazda 3 and the other has a Roush Mustang he just got this year.. That thing is MEAN. Lucky guy.

Anyways! Feel free to comment on anything you want. I like conversation.

Snooze out.