Strange problem with right dome light & door lock lights

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Joe Marek

Reaction score
I purchased my ST about a month ago and I coming across a few issues that are often expected when buying a used vehicle. The main issue appears to be due to an aftermarket alarm system. When I purchased the car the unlock buttons would not work but the locks would. I traced back and found a split wire in the harness by the drivers feet, bam unlock works great. Then I noticed when I leave the car (on or off) the front door lock buttons stay lit up as well as the front right done light bulb (not the left, only the right bulb). Adjusting the dimmer switch has no impact on the brightness or turning those specific lights on or off. All other interior lights and gauge lights work off the dimmer as they should. I am assuming there is a split wire or something. I have come across a helpful wiring diagram for the 2001 ST for installing alarms and hope to check them all this weekend. Any help or thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts