Stuck CD's

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey Guys,

I have a 2001 ST and I have 2 CD's that are stuck in the changer. I have a 6 CD changer. Whenever I try to eject the CD, I get a CD Error message. Any ideas? Thanks.

First, do they have the stick on CD labels?

If so, once you do get them out, NEVER use them in the Trac radio. It produces to much heat and the labels become loose and from there nothing good happens.

I installed a 12 volt Computer fan on the backside of mine just because of the heat it created. The dash was always hot and I felt it was not a good thing to do to the various electronics.

To remove them, you can pull BOTH fuses and reset the radio. Sometimes that is enough to get the out. If not, you will need to pull the radio and disassemble it to a degree. It is fair complex but not too difficult. Just give yourself time and don't walk away as you will have screws and what not laying around...

Some have said they used a knife to "help" the door open and "help" eject the CD's but I think this is the lower percentage to be honest.

All six cd's got stuck in my 2002 F-350. It finally came down to removing the radio and had a stereo technician get them out. Only one was damaged, but the radio was not repairable at that point, so I had to buy a new head unit.

Thne dealer replaced the entire head unit under warranty on my '07 because of stuck CDs. Even more surprising- a month later the CDs showed up in the mail! :banana:

HaHa,

You guys went through a lot of trouble. Its pretty common with multi disc in dash units. I use another CD, be careful not to scratch it. Simply go to the disc that wont eject, slide the cd onto the lip of the disc that wont eject hit eject and simply tap it in. Works every time! Id then run a cd cleaner through the unit to make sure its clean of small dust and debris.

STLIK

I had mine replaced under warranty. 6CD changer.. when they gave back the Unit with 7 CDs.

one that I have never had..

all where in great shape..

STLOSTINKOREA, when mine jammed there was no way to to "go to the CD that won't eject". Everything was locked up. No action- just error message.