Sub Box HELP!

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Adam Shirley

Reaction score
Please help. I have an Infinity Perfect 10 Sub and I need a box. I can't seen to find one with the required 6'' mounting depth. All boxes that I've seen have 5.25 depth or less. I am willing to go either under the seat or behind, as long as it will fit. I need a .60ft^3 box. Does anyone know where else to look, or does anyone have any box dimensions so I can build one to fit.

Thanks a lot,

Adam S.

Last edited by a moderator:
JD,

So it is possible to do a under seat 6 inch depth box? What is better, upward or downward firing? Would you happen to have some dimensions that you wouldn't mind sharing?, If not, could you build one for a reasonable price?

Thanks for the help and the quick reply

Adam

Well if you use 3/4" wood the front of the box under the 60 seat only gives you 6 1/2 inches. I didn't measure at the back but it slopes up so it will lessen the available space.

It might fit but would be tough. I would fire it up into the seat bottom just to make construction easier and allow you more space. Just make sure you don't let anyone too heavy sit on that spot :)

I don't build any underseat boxes. They upset me. The only option I have for you would be a console box, but that is on the pricey side.

I have a ProBox that I am not using, but it only has 5.75" mounting depth.... You could possibly add a extender ring of MDF to it to get the correct depth...

check and see if you can remove the magnet cover if it has one. Sometimes those are just cosmetic and can give a little room.

boodro

It is for a single 10. Shoot me an e-mail and I'll get some pics of it for you tomorrow afternoon if you want. There is a sub in it already. See the link below for the sub that is curently in it. It is the last thing left from my '01 that won't fit in my '07 (Still have the Yakima roof rack..not sure if I'm gonna use it yet or not)

2b26847d4949517d0a314d560b4409a8.jpg

I believe the CWells enclosure that I have is specd for 6" mounting depth. I'll go out here in a little while to get the dimensions of the box for you.

Ok I found the old C Wells sponsor site. It lists the 10" enclosure as having a mounting depth of 6" and an internal volume of .64 cubic feet. I searched for the dimensions, but couldn't find where anyone lists them, but there are similar enclosure dimensions listed. I'll go out and measure mine today for you. You can also check out his library for tons of pictures of his enclosures.

Thanks for the help Tim. I sent him an e-mail to see if he still had the measurements. I hope this is it! Thanks again

Adam

Latest posts